3 RP is a forum RP going on at Blazblue.com forum
, based on of course the BlazBlue
series. Due to the overwhelming discussions of "What would happen in the next game" and Word of God
say that it would be awhile until the continuation of Continuum Shift, and since it ends on, you know, a Cliff Hanger
, the forumers decided to just go on with an RP to play around in what they would consider... the finale of BlazBlue
And obviously, there will be MASSIVE SPOILERS
for the BlazBlue
The story begins as everyone heads off to Ikaruga. All characters existed, but there are A LOT of Original Generation
characters. Only time will tell what would happen in there and what the bad guys are planning.
While not really achieving fame outside just the forum, it does prove to be pretty popular compared to the other RP on the forum.Chris X
is part of the RP-ers of this work.
Currently on the works: character sheet
, Your Miledge May Vary
Tropes included in this RP setting:
- Ascended Extra: So, uh, that quack doctor called 'Han' in the game by Linhua? Well, he's a character now.
- Recently Satoshi as well. He's Lord Tenjou's son.
- Back from the Dead: Lambda-11.
- Badass in Distress: Hakumen got hit with it, but then again, who wouldn't when you're in a 3-on-1 battle against Terumi, Phantom and Relius (and Ignis)?
- Break the Cutie: Poor, poor Litchi...
- Breaking Speech: What Jin mostly used to bring down and get Abel to betray NOL.
- Cain and Abel: Reversed on name. Cain is the younger 'anti-NOL' while Abel is the elder 'pro-NOL'
- Character Development: Some characters have experienced this. Jin moved past his Jerkass qualities and became quite the Jerk with a Heart of Gold and shows some Supporting Leader qualities. Litchi stops being selfish, know the right thing and became The Atoner, while Bang decides to stop being a Stalker with a Crush and pursue Courtly Love instead.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Han doesn't care if he looks Gonk-ish. He still likes giving compliments to girls, and would protect them and even give free services.
- Cloning Blues: Relius made a clone of Litchi which involes having her negative qualities being flanderized.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Han's history was quite shitty.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Rachel seems to have defrosted. She no longer calls Ragna with insults and even said 'thank you' literally, and the second day goes even further with it.
- Distress Ball: Uh, Tao? You haven't rested after fighting Isariel, then Relius pops in, then you decided to attack him immediately. A Distressed Damsel is you, Tao.
- Doomed Hometown: Shanghai, for Litchi.
- Dramatic Irony: At the end of Continuum Shift, a Face-Heel Turn-ed Litchi blocked Hakumen. In this RP... a Face-Heel Turn-ed Hakumen blocked Litchi (after a Heel-Face Turn) and Bang.
- Evil Knockoff: The clone of Litchi, as well as Phantom.
- Expy: Cain and Abel to Ragna and Jin (age reversed)
- Faking the Dead: Nox and Han did this in their history.
- Five-Bad Band: The lineup has kind of changed, for the NOL...
- Fix Fic: Admittedly, aside of trying to make a 'sequel' for BlazBlue because Word of God say they're gonna take their time very long to come up with the official one, some RP-ers fixed some elements that didn't turn out as they like in canon, such as completely shortening both Litchi and Tsubaki's Face-Heel Turn period, bringing Lambda (and her true personality) Back from the Dead... and also Nine, for good measure. Yeah...
- Nine is another story though. Many players couldn't accept just how ridiculous Phantom's (at that time touted out as the real Nine) epic proportion of Took a Level in Jerkass was, so someone made up a story about the real Nine is somewhere else. Author's Saving Throw?
- Gaia's Vengeance: Titan Chimera's motivation.
- Gotta Catch 'Em All: Phantom's current plan is to capture all Six Heroes. She has caught Trinity and Hakumen (last one being helped with Terumi and Relius, though) so far, but failed on Valkenhayn (of course, due to Ragna...)
- The Grotesque: Han certainly isn't designed like the typical boy of the age. He walks around like a hunchback, his face is quite frumpy, and has unkempt hair. Not very pretty.
- Heel-Face Turn: Courtesy of Jin; he has forced this to Litchi, and then Abel (through Defeat Means Friendship) and recently Tsubaki. In a similar vein, Anubis has defected from his fellow Titans.
- Face-Heel Turn: Unfortunately, Hakumen is now with Hazama, since Tsubaki's life is on the line. Once that's out of the line, however, he's back on track. Unfortunately, around that time, Nox got around and agreed to work with Relius to have a chance to exact his vengeance on Nine.
- Heel Realization: A variation. Bang came to a conclusion that in terms of Litchi's love life, he would be the Heel compared to Lotte Carmine (the Face). This realization crushed him hard.
- Hive Mind: Chimera.
- Humans Are the Real Monsters: The Titans are adamant on this. Except Anubis.
- If You're So Evil, Eat This Kitten: Relius wasn't quite sure on how serious Litchi was in joining NOL, so... he told her to kill Carl. Even without Jin's prodding, she didn't have the heart to do it literally.
- I Have Your Wife: In a way. Hazama and Relius show their high caliber vileness by using the captured Tsubaki to make Hakumen do as they say.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Jin has grown some heart of gold, starting from him inspiring Litchi to stand up for herself and not being manipulated anymore (Though beforehand, he was a complete Jerkass to her); to his interaction with Tsubaki.
- Killed Off for Real: Abel is dead.
- Large Ham: Okay, Bang is usually a Large Ham. But the first RP-er takes extra effort to make Bang possibly more hammier than he is. Whoa. Time will tell if the second RP-er can surpass his hamminess.
- It's debatable if he has surpassed it, but he's certainly matched it, and that's pretty damn good.
- Makoto is also rather hammy, trying to surpass Hazama's Trolling tendencies.
- Love Makes You Evil: No, not Litchi (she managed to defy that thanks to Jin). This goes to... Phantom. She killed her dimension's Tsubaki as she loved Hakumen, and then joined NOL when she's promised to be given a perfect world for her and Hakumen (and Kokonoe). And to fulfill that, she's even ready to kill Jubei.
- Mysterious Mystical Waif: Aoiffe
- Nice Guy: OCs Nox Viscera and Ashton Rockwell are so nice you wouldn't believe. Though, Nox does let out vulgar words when he's pissed.
- Not So Snarky: Rachel just loses all semblance of snark when it comes to Tazuka.
- Put on a Bus: Because of some RP-ers calling it quits, this happened to Aoiffe and Stitches.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Even more apparent for Ragna and Jin from the original series. As they both seem to aim to bring down NOL, while Ragna plans to 'just obliterate them by force', Jin plans to make most of the NOL servants leave it.
- She's Back: Nine
- Shout-Out: LOTS:
- The Four Gods: Actually a basis of Han's history and style. He uses one of the set of 'Four Gods' Ars Magus called 'Seiryuu'. In the past, the set is a project, with other weapons 'Byakko', 'Suzaku', and 'Genbu'. His wife died while trying 'Suzaku', and then the project is considered failure by Relius, and he ordered everyone involved heavily on it to be killed, families included.
- Relius has recently revisited the Four Gods project, and has refined 'Byakko' for use on a Brainwashed and Crazy Taokaka. She got better.
- Though as of recent, Relius' worshipper Otoya has prepared the next set of Genbu.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Nine was a temperamental lady back then, but as Phantom? She's a selfish Jerkass.
- Now subverted in that it's not really Nine.
- Unstoppable Rage: A side effect to the 'Four Gods' project.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: After seeing Litchi's clone burn down Orient Town, Jin decided to end Litchi's anguish and make her move on from her past by planning to kill Lotte/Arakune so there's nothing that she could worry further.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Delivered by Han to Litchi when they actually meet. Then Jin delivers a rather extreme one to Kokonoe and Sector Seven, making them even start to Completely Missing the Point.
- You Killed My Father: One of the reasons why Rachel didn't even bother to be the usual sarcastic girl to Tazuka. Also, Isamu is tricked by Relius that Ragna killed his father in the most dishonorable way possible.