Roleplay: Bay 12 Play-by-Post Games
Ah, Bay 12 Games. Home of Dwarf Fortress and many other games, but also of a forum full of...interesting people who often have too much time on their hands and a wealth of knowledge in their heads.They like playing a variety of games on their forums, from play-by-post versions of classic tabletop RPGs to Roll to Dodge. And many of them are tropers. Is it any surprise that so many of them have trope pages of their own?
Tropes Common to Games at Bay 12:
- Complexity Addiction: In both GMs and players.
- Darker and Edgier
- Interactive Comic: Illustrated Suggestion Games arguably qualify.
- Omnicidal Maniac: Common. Characters played by Dermonster and Xantalos are notably prone to this.
- Post-Modern Magik: A lot of characters in many R Ps use this.
- Shown Their Work: Bay12ers are prone to bringing real-world science into the most fantastic of games.
- Shipper on Deck: Most players or participants in some of the lighter games are this. ElfCollaborator is one of the most infamous ones.
Games related to Bay 12:
- Adventuring Party: A d20 system in an original, highly developed fantasy universe.
- Bay 12 Dragon Ball ZRPG- An accurately named RPG, set in the universe of DBZ but away from the canon action.
- Bay 12 Katawa Shoujo Roleplay
- Katawa Shoujo Gaiden- Its sequel.
- Bay 12 Monster Girls
- Bay 12 Monster Girls V 2- Its sequel.
- Bay 12 RWBY Roleplay
- Einsteinian Roulette: A Roll to Dodge game set in space. The players play HMRC. Now renamed ARM.
- Eclipse Heights
- Everything Gaiden
- Everything Gaiden v2
- Fire Emblem On Forums
- If Forumites Were Stuck In An RPG: An RP where people play themselves (author inserts) kidnapped into a mysterious roguelike RPG world.
- Bay 12 Homestuck RPG
- Looters Delight
- Lost And Found Of The Multiverse
- Name Pending: A Worm-inspired roleplay, vaguely based on a d20 system.
- Persona Millenium
- Rise Of The Magic Girls
- Roll To Dodge Princess Celestia
- Roll To Roll To Dodge
- Special People
- The Art Of Minimalism
- UNMD: First Contact: A game about fighting giant monsters with mecha.
- The Warrens Of Oric The Awesome: A long-running suggestion game, detailing the adventures of Ciro as s/he delves the depths of the Warrens of the titular Oric.
- Twilight Academy: A game of magical teenagers and children in a magical castle doing magical stuff. Now concluded.
- We Are Our Avatars: Bay12 Edition: A version of our game of the same name.
- You Are Patient Zero
- You At Final Boss: A massive minimalist Roll to Dodge, long since concluded.