Roleplay: Ambassadors Of Liberty
Ambassadors of Liberty (abbreviated as AoL)
is a site made by gamers/Roleplayers, for gamers/Roleplayers. AoL believe that an internet community is just that, a community. When you join us, you are joining a family. We may have our disagreements, but we always stick together.
Our group name, Ambassadors of Liberty, was chosen for two reasons. One, it is very unique and would be easy to find (searching "Stargate play by post rp" on Google, AoL is on the second page) and two, the name is to imply that you have liberty on what you want to do on the site. You can RP, game, both or if you just wanted to be here for social reasons then you can do that too. Anyone apart of our group will be ambassadors of that liberty.
We are a unique group comprised of different types of gamers, artists, and people just looking to have fun. Everyone is equal here, whether your intention is to play a MMO (namely STO) or to join in the various forums for play-by-post RPing. You can chose both, one, or neither. That is the freedom of this site. Our only request is that you remain respectful to all members of this family no matter what they do here.
The Main RP settings so far are Stargate SG-1
and Stargate Atlantis
, with more in the pipelines.
The characters take the place of the characters in the series, like an Alternate Reality, allowing the RPers to create their own "Site Canon" with their stories.Feel free to drop by and check us out!
Ambassadors of Liberty Provides examples of:
- Alternate Reality - Would it be Stargate without them?
- Badass Israeli - Sarah Yadin, ass-kicking, name taking, gun-toting Mossad Agent.
- Violent Glaswegian - Switch Glaswegian out for Irishman and you've got Daniel MacAlistair. SAS Captain and Sniper who's also quite fond of mixing it up at close range.
- Genius Bruiser - Again, Daniel MacAlistair. SAS Commando, with added Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering. He's also got two Black Belts. With an added touch of Boisterous Bruiser.
- Badass Crew - Any of the SG Teams.
- Blood Brothers - Molly Duncan's relationship with the rest of SG-1.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse - Molly Duncan and Sandy Howards are both barely over five feet tall, but you'd better hope they aren't aiming at you.
- Friendly Sniper - Both Daniel MacAlistair and Molly Duncan are snipers, and are both friendly people when they're not staring at you through a scope.
- Daniel also occasionally invokes Cold Sniper, treating his work as business and nothing more, to the point where he's willing to shoot an enemy to wound so he could kill those who came to help the first target (and has done so).
- Lady of War - Sarah Yadin.
- Sweet Polly Oliver - Molly Duncan
- Cute Bruiser - Sandy Howards. While she's not a child, she looks younger than she is, and comes complete with a black belt in Kempo and military training.
- Badass Adorable - Sandy Howards. The little blonde lady with the black belt.
- Knife Nut - Daniel MacAlistair carries a foot-long Bowie Knife with him on missions.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl - Ian is 6'4, while his wife, Sandy is 5'1. Also, in a non-romantic relationship, Sandy and her brother, Jamie. Jamie is 6'3. There is also Jamie and Melissa Daley (5'4), who at this point are "just friends". Also non-romantically is Daniel (6'4) and Molly Duncan (5'4), or Daniel and Sandy's adopted daughter Selah (who's three and a half).
- Fiery Redhead - There's at leat two of them, Molly Duncan, with curly red hair, and Sandy Howards McCoy, with curly strawberry blonde hair, that she refers to more often than not as red. Out of the two, Sandy is probably more verbally fiery, but don't let Molly fool you- when she disapproves of something, she lets you know!
- Action Girl - Pick and choose. No, seriously. Pick. There's Molly Duncan, who was a sniper in World War 1 (long story) and is now technically a civilian. There's Sandy Howards McCoy, a Major in the Air Force, who's been winning shooting contests since junior high and is a black belt in Kenpo Karate. There's Melissa Daley, who is an Air Force Captain and has been on multiple combat tours, as well as surviving torture. Sarah Yadin, a Mossad Agent who survived weeks of torture. Daria Reagan, an assassin for the CIA. Tegan Radley. Laura Konig, a blackbelt in Karate and Judo, participated in the 1992 Olympic Games in Women's Judo, and since joined the Army. Maria Guittierez, a former gang member. Basically, any girl who shows up in the RP's on Ao L is an action girl.
- Back Story - Again, take your pick. Pretty much anyone who appears has a backstory. The most fleshed out backstories, though, are the Howards Twins, Sandy and Jamie, Molly Duncan, Daniel MacAlistair, Melissa Daley, Raymond Fitzgerald, Raelynn Jordan, Maria Guittierez, Illya Finn, Corrine Ranshaw, and John Carter. And that's not even including the Sandbox characters.
- Mama Bear / Papa Wolf - Sandy Howards McCoy and Daniel MacAlistair. Anyone hurts the ones they love? You can expect them to die a painful death. Daniel's love interest was captured and tortured for two weeks. A team went in to rescue her, but Daniel faced off against six men by himself. It was horribly unfair- Sandy suggested they wait for the six to get some friends. Sandy's Berserk Button is her daughter, Selah, although it hasn't been triggered- yet. When it is, all hell will break loose.
- Badass Bookworm - And yet again, you can choose. Dave Nunes, Feonor, Sandy Howards McCoy, Ian McCoy.
- Calling the Old Man Out - The Howards twins both did this. Sandy did it first, calling her father after a decade of not speaking to him after he kicked her and Jamie out of the house for joining the Air Force. Then when General Howards tried to call Sandy later, he reached Jamie, who chewed The General out for ignoring them throughout their childhood.
- Daddy's Girl - Sandy Howards McCoy wants to be a Daddy's Girl, and tried for her entire childhood to make him proud of her, before giving up when she was Valedictorian at her high school graduation and he didn't even acknowledge it.
- Cheerful Child - Selah, Sandy Howards McCoy's adopted daughter. Absolutely adorable little tot.
- Forgets to Eat - Sandy Howards McCoy will routinely forget to eat. (This could be because the person controlling her ALSO forgets to eat.)
- Friendship Moment - SG-1 (Jacob Sawyer, Molly Duncan, Sandy Howards McCoy, and Daniel MacAlistair) do this all over the place for each other. Granted, Sawyer and Molly are in a secret relationship. But the team, plus the addition of Sandy's husband, Ian, went on an unofficial rescue of Sarah Yadin, Daniel's love interest, because they weren't going to let him go alone. Any of the four would do anything for one of the other four, especially either of the girls with each other and/or Dan.
- Berserk Button - Many and varied.
- Don't even think of hurting Sarah Yadin. You'd better pray she kills you before Daniel MacAlistair shows up and starts tearing you apart.
- Don't ever think of hurting Selah either. You'll wind up hoping Daniel gets to you before Sandy Howards does.
- Just don't hurt anyone any member of SG-1 associates with. Police will categorise it as a 45-11 (suicide).
- Combat Pragmatist - You're probably never going to see a member of an SG Team pull a spinning, flying, roundhouse kick. Just brutal, efficient attacks to kill whatever happens to be standing in front of them as quickly as possible. Special note goes to Daniel MacAlistair, who often stabs for the usually-unguarded Femoral Arteries and frequent eye gouges and headbutts.
- Neck Snap - Daniel MacAlistair absolutely loves this one. Justified in that he tops the scale at 6' 4", weighs in at 19 Stone (266 lbs) and has over a decade of Special Forces training and experience under his belt, as well as frequently beating people to a ragged pulp before trying this.
- Weapon of Choice - Quite a few.
- Daniel MacAlistair never leaves for a mission without a Mk14 Mod 0 Battle Rifle or his Kukri
- Sarah Yadin's Jericho 941 FB.
- Feanor Finn carries an Arkansas Toothpick.
- David Nunes occasionally carries a custom-made Battle Rifle.
- Chef of Iron - Daniel MacAlistair's parents both worked, so he had to learn to cook to feed his siblings when the parents were out of the house. No flashy business, but he's competent in the kitchen.
- Invulnerable Knuckles - Subverted. By Daniel MacAlistair of all people. He broke both of his hands (with varying degrees of severity) beating two people to death.
- Extreme Melee Revenge - The men who tortured Sarah Yadin had Daniel MacAlistair to deal with. Their corpses were unrecognisable afterwards.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness - Sandy Howards-McCoy babbles, complete with a disposition towards long words, when nervous, tired or drunk.
- Stoic Woobie - Laura Konig, according to her author.