is a Play By Post
roleplaying forum incorporating elements from everything you can possibly imagine. Set in a world loosely based on a combined locale of DC Comics
, Marvel Comics
, Resident Evil
, and various other series that take place on the planet Earth, it allows for a nigh-unlimited selection of characters from more mediums than you can shake a stick at.
[Afterhour Mayhem] contains examples of:
- Apocalypse How: The Nova plot, in which the combined plans of Kuja to end the world and Kurloz and Gamzee Makara's attempts to start the Dark Carnival ended up causing a potential Planetary/Total Extinction apocalypse by triggering Shio and causing Nova to overwhelm her.
- Badass Crew: Team TARDIS.
- Badass Normal: When we say even the characters that can't fight are badass, we mean it.
- Big Bad: Too many to count. Among them are Loki, Hazama and Pitch.
- Bigger Bad: Nyarlathotep.
- Character Magnetic Team: Sort of. Any and all characters from Doctor Who end up joining Team TARDIS at some point, and now even characters from other canons have been hopping aboard.
- Evil Is Hammy: Hello, practically every villain on the site ever.
- Fan Nickname: Team TARDIS and Team SNAKE, as well as all of the misspelled nicknames for characters.
- Let Me Get This Straight: A general reaction to someone explaining the general goings-on of the AM-verse. Alternatively, when someone hatches a plot to take out the current big baddie threatening the peace or whatever their nefarious plan is.
- Mega Crossover
- Planet Eater: Nova tried this, to considerable effect.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: Team TARDIS 2.0, which consists of two time duplicates that are breaking the usual mold of time duplicates on AM and actually doing stuff, rather than just being occasional things that happen, a Dark Caster trying to fight the darkness inside of her and an Incubator who is experiencing emotions and sensations for the first time. Needless to say, they are awesome.
- Signature Team Transport: Team TARDIS has....well, the TARDIS.
- Try Everything: A ridiculously common tactic on the ICC.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: Less prevalent on the board than in the ICC, where dragons trying their claws at carving stone and fights that tend to destroy the area are, if anything, no surprise at all to the regulars.
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: April Fool's Day, 2013. The sheer amount of absurdity was, perhaps unfortunately, done by completely sane people. Just maybe slightly sleep deprived.
- What Is Going On?: Generally what happens whenever a new character is introduced in some fashion.
- World of Badass: Comes with the territory. Even the characters that can't fight are badass.
- Villain Team-Up: Team SNAKE, which has two of the site's big bads and Kyubey.