Roleplay: After The Academy
After the Academy
is a Ragnarok Online Play By Post
roleplay site. Although based on the MMORPG, it takes liberties with the lore, plot, and even characters. Several of the game's NPCs and monsters are now playable; those already taken include the Boss monsters Kiel Hyre
, Kathrynne Keyron
, and Dracula
Although each character is free to take his/her path, the forum has an overarching plot and several sub-plots, moved along by the admin and participated in by other members. Examples would be the story of the Somatology Labs and the fued between the Assassins Guild
and Rogue Guild
. To facilitate battles, they use a dice system.
The Roleplay is now in its second story arc.
This roleplay provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Claire/Emily, Dolly.
- Action Mom: Auriciel, although her 'son' is not biologically hers.
- Hazme, for being an actual mom and melee bard
- Always Chaotic Evil: All aggressive monsters. MVPs have a variety of alignments, though.
- Aren't You Going to Ravish Me?: Iroi's reaction after Hazme crawls on a bed over him...to reach a basket at the bedside table.
- Asskicking Equals Authority: The Guild's (the assassin's guild) leader arrives at his/her position by killing the former guildmaster. The Black Hand, which are more or less his generals and council, are the best fighters in their respective weapons specialties.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: Momohara. Hell, he's better off a woman.
- Axe Crazy: Hemming, pre-timeskip, and Aless, to a lesser (but not much) extent.
- Badass Bookworm: Granrolf, in human form, although really a Genius Bruiser.
- Badass Family: Many. Compiled here, but most notably:
- Rishid, his father, and his adopted daughter Diane
- Ayin's father is the current assassin guild leader. His mother is also an assassin, and so is his little sister, his cousins, aunts and uncles...
- The Zeniths are assassins and demons
- Batman Gambit: What Meno seems to be doing.
- Big Brother Instinct: Silverius, for his cousin.
- Big Brother Worship: Kathrynne, for her brother Galen, and Montague with Silverius.
- Bishounen/Mr. Fanservice: So many, it's actually easier to name those that aren't.
- Butt Monkey: Silverius, in-character and in the discussion threads. Is it Bully a Priest Day yet?
- Body Snatcher: Hemming, in the process of coming back from oblivion. Sid was also a temporary victim of this, and also Silphene. Apparently one priest gets possessed every few years.
- Can't Act Perverted Toward a Love Interest: What certain people *cough* are expecting to happen with Gregory.
- Can't Get Away with Nuthin' : An almost meta example: Admins (most especially 42) usually read threads and will sometimes swoop in to add twists to the story, more often in direct consequence to characters' (bad) actions. For example:
- boy character ran away from his assassin family and returns => an assassin comes in to punish him with death (he gets around it)
- knight accidentally burns down a neighborhood => she gets in-RP punishment
- monk socks a priest in public => both get called in by the Church
- Megaton Punch/Punched Across the Room: Ceaz, in the future. Milie did this with [[BFG RSX]].
- Mistaken for Cheating/Not What It Looks Like: Silverius, the poor bastard.
- More Dakka: Milie, owing to her choice of weapons. Occasionally even sniper Karl resorts to this.
- Musical Episode: Soul and Young-jae sometimes turn threads into this.
- Naked First Impression: Meno gives Oliver this in Hand of Death. He freaks out, and asks her to dress when he's forced to be in the same room.
- No Guy Wants to Be Chased: Ayin. He's been unnerved by every girl who has come on to him (or pretended to) so far.
- Older Than They Look: Granrolf (orc), Rishid (immortal MVP), Vitali (vampire), and Auriciel (MVP)
- Overprotective Dad: Rishid. Implied to involve Wife Husbandry.
- Pet the Dog: Loads with MVPs.
- The Pollyanna: To an extent, Young-jae.
- Reluctant Warrior: Croix.
- Retired Badass: Miralda (although now permanently retired). To some extent, Bubba.
- Rhymes on a Dime: Soul, though now picked up by Young-jae.
- Rich Bitch: Anne Keppler.
- Sexy Priest: Sid. It's even mentioned in his profile. Silverius might count too.
- Ship Tease: Way too many
- Slasher Smile: Karthryne. And even worse, Aless.
- Teacher/Student Romance: Croix for his "Mistress". Who happens to be High Wizard Kathrynne Keyron.
Even so, if he wanted to become strong enough to achieve his goals, and probably even marry his mentor one day, he needed to think outside of the box.
- Then again, he's only 2-3 years younger
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Emily and Shara. Also Kureha and Milie
- Wife Husbandry: Apparently what Auriciel is doing with five(?)-year-old Ceaz.
- Proper Lady: Strangely enough, no females are exact fit. Shara, Young-jae and Milie might count, but the closest example is a male one: Bastiaan.
- Momohara is physically one, although a guy and is snarkier than your usual examples of these.