Roleplay / Abysmal Souls
A fantasty medieval RP hosted on Serenes Forest. We follow the adventures of Carrion, a young girl with a complex past and a tendency to be misblamed
, as she does all she can to escape from what seems to be the entire continent.
Joined by the young fighter, Adrian, the pair have met all sorts of threats, ranging from Snow Chameleons to a man with one leg. However, they've found that some people aren't trying to kill them, but often even their allies are too much.
Run by the charming Slaveblade, the RP has been going for several months now, with new characters appearing on a regular basis.
Abysmal Souls contains examples of:
- Awesome but Impractical - Teis' Quake Axe. Whilst it has the power to shake the earth itself, it's far too heavy to be used in a proper combat situation.
- Badass Normal - Adrian. Sporting no special abilities other than being able to cook, he's survived far more than the ordinary man. He's even exploded and returned from the dead once!
- Additionally, Teis (a no-name mercenary knight from Shuthra) beating Lucretia, the greatest swordwoman in Miyako, in the tournament arc garners a mention.
- Big Ham - Oshea, most of his dialogue has been reasonably dramatic. Ormis, to some extent, also. His thing for capes will be the death of him.
- BFS - Zwool's sword, although he's never actually used it. Teis' Quake Axe is another example, with other characters noting its ridiculous size.
- Blowing It Out Of Proportion - Grant seemed to take Carrion's threat to murder his family personally. Resulting in a chase across the continent and resulting in him losing a leg to a dragon
- Buxom Is Better - Giselle, it even warranted a mention in her appearance.
- Deep Sleep - Lucinda spent what was essentially two weeks in a deep trance, much to the joy of Ken and Obelia.
- Depending on the Writer - Characters such as Zwool and Lucinda have changed greatly after a change in owner. Even Carrion transformed after she changed hands!
- Directionless Driver - Ormis was certain he knew Pravna well. It turns out he had never set foot there and ended up taking his group in circles, ending up in the complete opposite direction.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady - The priest Ken. Whilst not a common occurrence, characters like Sophia have had to think twice.
- Improbable Aiming Skills - Inverted with Ken. Never having used combat magic in a fight before, his aim was less than stellar.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold - Virtually every guy in the cast, aside from Adrian, Andy and Adano.
- Long-Lost Relative - Adrian and Aurelio are both looking for their long lost sisters. Adonis is also looking for his long-lost dad so he can kill him. Wonderful!
- Magical Girlfriend - Carrion, who seems to have changed the rather ordinary Adrian's life forever.
- Misblamed - Carrion seems to be the cause of things evil. Including bandit attacks and even mass murder.
- Moment Killer - Aurelio managed to walk in on a intimate moment between Adrian and Carrion.
- Mooks - Virtually everywhere. There can't be a visit to a city without some horrible fight breaking out. Of course, they all seem to be weaklings! Subverted with Reynor, who was initially planned as a disposable character.
- Older Than They Look - Carrion, although she does cheat and resurrect herself. Also with Ken, who is actually in excess of 30 despite his appearance.
- Prince Charming Wannabe - Oshea, Seilynda was not amused.
- Right Under Their Noses - Aurelio has spent the previous decade roaming the continent, trying to find his sister. Only to find that she'd been near Pravna. The last place he had visited before his first appearance.
- Stalker With a Crush - Zwool, before he changed hands.
- Super Drowning Skills - Lunaria, the erstwhile Crimson Witch of the South and Aurelio's sister is deathly afraid of water, to the point of going absolutely batshit if she so much as touches it.
- The Quiet One - Lucretia, more so earlier on, she's opened up slightly. Played straight with Ellandra, who doesn't speak at all.
- Unexplained Accent - Enter the Yorkshire farmer, Horatio. Well, he's actually an assassin but that doesn't matter.
- Walking the Earth - A fair portion of cast have spent whoever knows how long wandering around trying to find something.
- Wolf Man - Ignatius. Although everyone seems to be relatively accepting of his unusual appearance. He's also rather plesant.
- Ye Olde Butcherede Englishe - Despite the rest of the cast speaking modern English, Teis has perfected his knightly speech.