Roleplay / A-GENTS
The world is in danger
. Not just the world, the universe
. For enemies of man will always rise up to prey upon that which is weak
and break asunder that which is strong
, but harder to find are those who would stop them.
But now they stand, and they have their reasons. Maybe it is for a sense of belonging that they came
, a longing for safety
and normality that ties them... maybe their actions speak good while their hearts hold darker goals. Or maybe it is a sense of justice, of a pure ideal, that leads them to stand against all the darkest things of this realm. Whatever their reasons, necessity brings them together. Can they swallow the swirling ruin of their lives and relationships long enough to help all peoples? Will it be enough even then?
Try to keep your pants clean while delving in this epic progressive story. And on, please.
A-GENTS is an Online Role-Playing group based in the deviantART
chatrooms founded in early 2011. It covers the events and actions of the various members a world defense organization known simply as "The A-GENTS."
This show provides examples of:
- AB Negative: Bianchi has O- blood and there are some other rare boodtypes in the mix.
- Afraid of Blood: Susie. To be more specific, she's afraid of her own blood.
- Animal Mecha: Cujo has a touch of this. It goes even into Mechanical Horse territory. On one account he's had three giant robots, each with the appearance of a insect (a spider, a bee and a scarab). Later on, during an attack in Australia he had sent a small army of robotic kangaroos to fight the small group of agents there. What else he can cook up is anyone's guess.
- Artificial Limbs: Libby will get something to replace her missing leg. Adelaide is described as getting an artificial arm in the future. Rem is practically defined by this, as his left arm is mechanical.
- Asexuality: Kasmir and Ainsley have this as their calling cards.
- Bad Dreams: Susie gets these so often that you hardly ever see her sleeping. If she does sleep, it's in a public place.
- Berserk Button: Many.
- Do not call Matthew 'Matty', disgusting, or Darth Vader. Do not continuously mock him either, or screw with his friends. IT WILL NOT END WELL. He's not exactly the biggest fan of sport fighting, either.
- Don't try and steal any sort of attention from Grin. And if you steal his poker chip... Well, let's just say it's not fun.
- Bringing up Alice can create some bad reactions in several A-GENTS, especially Ainsley.
- 78 tends to react badly to Karren's "affectionate nickname"
- Morgan presently hates Rem. To the point of destroying the entire bar and injuring several A-GENTS when she ran into him there.
- The Berserker: Jane. She doesn't care if she gets hurt as she can put herself back together.
- Blood Magic: Enyo's ability. She actually can control any sort of blood, and has used it in several different ways. Like casuing heart attacks, stopping people from bleeding out, and creating weapons out of thin air.
- Butch Lesbian: Tristyn. She's a pilot and more than capable of handing some of the brawlers their asses in a fight.
- Chandler's Law: If the characters end up stuck in the kitchen doing nothing, someone is bound to get bored and throw in an explosion or two to keep it interesting.
- Can't Have Sex, Ever: Matthew, thanks to the fact he's constantly creating toxins due to his ability. Eventually averted, thanks to Jane.
- Chaotic Evil: A few of the Enemies definitely fall into this alignment.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: This has happened to a few characters. The most notable example, however, is Walter a former A-GENT, and next-in-line for Demon Prince. He disappeared without a trace early on in the RP with absolutely zip explanation.
- Curious as a Monkey: Kytt, the daughter of Agent Ainsley is known to frequently known to hurt herself and others, and most especially personal belongings of others (such as furniture) in wild escapades of exploration.
- Despair Event Horizon: Jane crosses it and tries to kill herself. She fails in her attempt, leaving her confined in the medbay strapped down and on suicide watch.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Morgan Cho. He has seismic powers, which he has been known to use to halt confrontations.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Actually happens more to the Deviants than the characters. Any mention of the word "Lemon" will cause an instant reaction.
- Dual Tonfas: Morgan Cho. He has a pair of white tonfas which he carries with him on missions. And when not. How he hides them is a mystery.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: The first time most A-GENTS meet Banchi, he's mistaken for a chick.
- Ethical Slut: Karren. She tries for everyone in the base at one point or another (including Matthew). For the most part, she does back off if they say no.
- Eye Scream: Before joining Agents, Tahmi (T28) had acid poured oh his right eye by scientists to test the Healing Factor part of his ability.
- Feel No Pain: Rosa. Her ability is 'No Nervous Feedback' while she can't feel pain or exhaustion, she can't taste, smell or blink.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: Lio tends to do a lighter example when faced with the complex.
- Jane has a much more serious breakdown.
- Has happened to Rem several times, generally before or after attempting to leave the A-GENCY.
- Lee completely stopped functioning at the death of his sweetheart Amalia
- Intangibility: Lauren. He can become Intangible at will and pass through various materials. Minus lead.
- Jerkass: Lauren. He insults virtually every other person in the A-GENCY, abuses his rank, and punishes the lower-reanked people who try and get back at him. Some notable examples of his Jerkass-ness include constantly making fun of Matthew's failed romances to the point where he snapped, and placing knives in Karren's room because she gave Adelaide a cleaning lesson..
- Kick the Dog: Ainsley has a literal one, where he orders Raphael to kill a puppy the trainee raised as part of his assassin training. Even Uno was angry.
- The Klutz:
- Adelaide. Breaks herself and other things so often, you have to wonder why she's an assassin.
- Rem. Has a tendency to break other people, and entire buildings.
- Lady of War: Luisa and Oxana live and breathe this trope. Extra points to Oxana for being a former military sniper as well.
- Mad Scientist: Rem. First thing he ever did as an A-GENT was install a grenade launcher in the coffee machine. But he's a mechanic, not a scientist.
- Made of Iron: The brawlers have to be this. To date, they've gone toe to toe with a dragon, an Eldritch Abomination, hundreds of zombies, and god only knows what else.
- More Than Mind Control: One of Alice's abilities. She would work on a person's emotions over time to make them fanatically loyal to her. Even though she's dead, all of the former slaves that are still alive still have extensive emotional responses even at the mention of her name.
- The Mourning After: Word of God says that Lee will never love another woman after Amalia's death, much to Jane's dismay.
- The Multiverse: Some of the A-GENTS have actually visited alternate realities themselves.
- Neutral Evil:
- Cujo is this and loves it. He strongly disagrees with the idea that he is a "Lord" to the "King" of the Villain Team-Up.
- The true “Neutral Evil” tops its hat off to the mysterious mask enforcing the CROW organisation that works as Lucca’s Information and Tax collector go-to-guys. Lead by the man known only as ‘Axel’, the true business man that will offer to do anything for his ‘clients’ so long as it returns twice the value. The riches he reins in are well enjoyed, by him, rather than the barely fair compensation he pays to his employees. Not that they can object, it seems they each have a gun to their head and Axel holds the trigger.
- Papa Wolf: Though not her father, Lauren will rip the faces off those who hurt Izzy.
- Power Perversion Potential: Jin's electrical abilities have been shown to be put to... stimulating purposes at times.
- Pregnant Badass: Oxana is a soon-to-be mama. She's also one of the best snipers in the A-GENTS.
- Psychopathic Manchild: Grin is a one of the best assassins you can find in our universe, and has yet to fail a real job yet. He also refers to his tentacles as his "Babies," gives out nicknames to everyone he meets, and generally acts like a complete ditz. Also, most people see Kilk as one of these.
- Put on a Bus: There's a folder full of inactive A-GENTS, and a lot of main characters that have been completely sidlined, like Huey (A penguin Matthew had as a pet.) Some do manage to come back, though.
- Spider Tank: Many of the created drones are in this form. Including the mini-M Cs to the MC Goliath
- Stepford Smiler: Rell smiles all the time, despite whatever his feelings are.
- Straight Gay: Jin/Ion. He's a complete badass, with more than enough scars to prove it. He also regularly sleeps with 54.
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: Matthew has tried to imagine a naked Lauren at times to try and clear his thoughts when confronted with certain female members of the A-GENTS. Much to his dismay and horror, it has never helped.
- Stupid Sexy Friend: Jane doesn't even find Ainsley sexy, but can't stop thinking about him in a sexual way. This is mostly due to her having the inability to separate friends from lovers.
- There Are No Therapists: Though there is the in-game therapist Dr Jubel, hardly anyone sees him, despite some desperately needing it.
- Trademark Favorite Food: It's difficult to find Luisa without an apple or Lauren without cereal. Sebastian, Matthew, Lee, and Rem have their tea.