Roleplay: Ivalice Alliance Tabletop
Ivalice Alliance Tabletop Is a Tabletop RPG set in the world of, obviously, Ivalice. It is a fan-made RPG project made by Renagade and contributed to by other Tropers in the TV Tropes community. It is, essentially, Dungeons & Dragons meets Final Fantasy XII slash Tactics A2 (and ONLY A2)note . Renagade's doing this because he has way too much free time and loves not only D&D but Final Fantasy as well. For a long while, the game existed only on The Middle Ground Forums and in this TVTropes forum. But due to lack of feedback, the creator thought it best to move the project into a Troper Works to help speed it along and so that others can make contributions. We'll see if it works out.If you have no idea what Dungeons & Dragons is, don't wish to know what it is, or have no interest in playing it, this project is not for you and hence, you should probably leave. Likewise, if you're not a particularly big fan of Final Fantasy, you should probably leave also.For the rest of us...Feel free to make a contribution to the project and help it along it's way, Renagade will be watching this project like a hound dog, and will edit/remove things as he sees fit. This is his brainchild after all and he is technically the Head Editor. That is, not to imply that he's unreasonable and starts edit wars. He's a nice hound dog, and likes to be pet.The project is still a WIP, and is available for download as a transcript here.
Ivalice Alliance Tabletop contains examples of…
- Elemental Rock-Paper-Scissors: The Elements used so far consist of Fire, Ice, Water, Air, Earth, Lightning, Light, and Dark.
- Infinite Ammo: Played With. Projectile weapons are going to use Onion Shot/Arrows/Bolts/Bombs/Etc. And it'll be handwaved as your character restocking on ammo whenever he or she moves back into town. But ammo other than Onion shots will be limited and tracked.
- Pathfinder: The game's rules are mostly (mostly) coming from this, but the project is unique enough that Pathfinder is really just a go-to when someone can't figure out how to make a rule unique enough.
- Schedule Slip: Yep, although Renagade never actually stated a consistent update schedule for the game, there have been periods where he wouldn't update for 2 to 3 weeks at a time, or even a month or two. This is one of the reasons why the project was moved to TV Tropes, so that others would hopefully keep the project alive while Renagade is off doing god knows what. Probably playing
EVE Online.Minecraft. Unfortunately, this didn't work out so well and now the unfinished project is available for download on a Word document, which can be edited.
- Winged Humanoid: Moogles and Gria, though only the Gria can competently use their wings from the get-go.