Role Play / Echo Of Time
A Fantasy RP created by WarG-X on Serebii Forums
. You can find the character sheets here
An original story, six (tecnically eight) heroes are chosen by the Princess of Light Seya
to save the Web of Cosmos from the Eternal Darkness
and their avatar Raseo
. Despite many troubles, our heroes pull themselves and begin to fight, only for unforeseen circumstances that leads to two new heroes, a three-year timeskip where everyone forgets their memories and for something to happen once more...
Echo of Time contains examples of:
- An Adventurer Is You: Each character in the party fulfills a different role.
- Michel: Warrior (Melee Tank)
- Carly: Assassin (Melee DPS)
- Kess: Paladin (Healer + Melee DPS)
- Diego: Sage (Jack)
- Zuri: Ranger (Ranged DPS)
- Stella: Black Mage (Nuker + Tank)
- Hunter: Dark Knight (Mixed DPS)
- Animal Motifs: Each character has a different animal associated with each of them.
- Michel: Stallion
- Carly: Hawk
- Kess: Lion
- Diego: Monkey
- Zuri: Tiger
- Stella: Ox
- Hunter: Dragon
- Elemental Powers: Each character is affiliated with a specific element. Kessandra's is Ice, Michel's is Earth, Diego's is Water, Carly's is Wind, Zuri's is Blue Flame and Stella's is Metal.
- Five Man Band: Oddly enough, both the boys and girls are divided into their own groups of it, despite each group having four people (a total of eight heroes)
- The Hero: Kessandra for the girls and Diego for the guys.
- The Lancer: Stella for the girls and Hunter for the guys.
- The Smart Guy: Stella and Zuri share the role for the girls while Diego and Hunter for the guys.
- The Big Guy: Michel for the guys, and Carly for the girls
- The Chick: Zuri for the girls and Michel for the guys.
- Sixth Ranger: Predictably, Stella for the girls and for the guys, Hunter.
- Four-Philosophy Ensemble: Seen among the girls. Kess is the Optimist with a bit of the Conflicted, Zuri is a mix of the Realist and Apathetic, while Stella and Carly appear to change between Cyinc and Optimist.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Once more, the girls. Kess is Leukine with occasional hints of Choleric, Zuri is Phlegmatic, Carly is Sanguine and Stella is a mixture of Melancholic, Sanguine and Choleric.
- Kid Hero: All of them, except perhaps Carly who is 18
- As of Awakening, only Jessica and Kessandra. Every one else is 18 or older.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: The main cast suffers this around the beginning of the time-skip.
- Meaningful Name: While it is unsure what the Echo of Time is supposed to represent, the time-skip's Awakening does infer that the characters will 'awaken' to the events that transpired the three years ago.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: As a forum RPG, this is subjected to much of this regarding people coming and going. In fact, it has happened more than once that the RP GM has left.
- Sacrificial Lamb: Two of them in fact, Darwin Albatross and Florina Bradley, Michel and Zuri's predecessors respectably. They became this due to their players leaving the RPG. Because of the sudden circumstances, they could both be considered a Sacrificial Lion. However, it did serve to show the heroes what they were getting in and it did give them a Dying Moment of Awesome.
- Sacrificial Lion: Played With as shown above with Florina and Darwin. Also Princess Seya is an example of this.
- Technician vs. Performer: On the guys' side, there's Diego the serious Technician and Michel the charismatic Performer. The girls' side brings out the two fashion designers. Stella is the Technician who can create elegant, sophisticated designs even under strict parameters while Carly is the Performer who doesn't do well with sophistication or strict parameters, yet still manages to make creative, striking designs.
- Time Skip: The end of the first part of Echo of Time becomes this. Another example of Real Life Writes the Plot. Due to circumstances, the RPG was fated to be closed though the players persistence instead lead to an early end and 3 years passing. The memories were forgotten, but the weapons were retained and two new individuals came with brand new artifacts, all drawn together.
- Weapon of Choice: The characters wield different weapons, from a Cool Sword to a Simple Staff.
- What Could Have Been: Somewhat early on, War G-X vanished from Serebii because of real life. The players enjoyed the RPG that they attempted to continue it though people gradually lost interest, especially when Florina was killed off. Eventually, someone new joined and broguht Zuri along. Because it was unknown when War G-X would have come back, the players progressed slowly, though by a certain point, they would have moved on and be at a point to where things would have been radically different.
- Also the case since War G-X left once more and left two other people in charge.