Refuge In Audacity: Comedy
- Dane Cook intimated in a bit the time he got fired from a video store. The boss is chewing him out, and he snaps, and says "Fuck you!" then realizes what he's just done, and regrets it, but then thinks, "I'll have to beat him up now," figuring the more over the top his response, the less likely prospective employers will be to believe his old boss.
- Old Boss: Well, he sat on my chest and punched me repeatedly. You don't want this guy working for you.Prospective Employer: (hangs up phone)You're right, he's completely nuts. You got the job.
- Eddie Izzard observes this regarding mass murderers who kill people past a certain point.
- "Well done, well done! You killed a hundred thousand people!? You must get up very early in the morning!"
- At the Friar's Club roast of Hugh Hefner, Gilbert Gottfried was booed by the audience for telling a joke about 9/11. Keep in mind, this was only three weeks after the attacks, and the roast was being held in New York. How did Gottfried defuse the situation? By telling his version of The Aristocrats. Surprisingly, it worked very well: He got huge laughs and managed to win back the hostile crowd.