open/close all folders
- Shinji and Warhammer 40k gives a simple one: "An ominous hum rose from the Dreadnought."
- Two of them in No Gods, Only Guns:
- First, a mention that a slaver captain "had always held by the old mercenary's adage: Pillage first, then burn."
- And later, a pirate captain is referred to as having "accountants who existed simply to keep track of the accountants who keep track of the bandits who answered to him."
- The web-novel Domina makes an off-hand reference to chupaquesos.
- John Ringo is a big fan of the comic, and has referenced it in several of his works.:
- Prince Roger, by Ringo and David Weber, features the Althari, a species of koala-like Proud Warrior Race Guys.
- Troy Rising is entirely predicated on being a prequel to the world of Schlock Mercenary, depicting the first contact between humanity and the rest of the galaxy, even if later events in the series rendered it Canon Discontinuity for the Schlockverse.
- The comic is mentioned by name in the first novel of the Black Tide Rising Zombie Apocalypse series, with Tayler being implied to have succumbed to the plague, and The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries get quoted from, particularly the one regarding "overkill".
- Square Root of Minus Garfield uses the exact same line and font as when Petey's plumbing yelled at everyone to GET OUT.
- Erfworld: At one point, a crap golem appears which looks like a certain character from this comic.
- The Whiteboard: The comic has had assorted references and Cameo appearances during Halloween party storylines. Comic author "Doc" Nickel has even made a model of Sgt. Schlock's BH-209 plasma gun for Mr. Tayler as a gift.
- The first frame of this strip shows Doc wielding a BH-209, complete with its Ominous Hummmmm as he prepares to fire it at an off-screen paintball game cheater.
- Kevyn appeared on Oct 29, 2003
- Schlock dressed as Choo-choo Bear from Something*Positive, on Oct 26, 2005
- A Tarbot serving as party security, on Oct 31, 2011
- A random TWB character dressed as Captain Tagon, on Oct 31, 2012
- Doc as Captain Landon, from the "Delegates and Delegation" storyline, on Mar 9, 2015, with a scene in the second panel more or less a modified version of this strip from Schlock Mercenary. The tale is being told by a koala wearing a yellow shirt.
- Freefall has cameoed Schlock in the past, in this strip.