open/close all folders
- Shinji And Warhammer 40 K features the line "Kensuke... what a guy".
- Calvin and Hobbes: The Series mentions the series several times.
- The episode "RIP Calvin" is a Whole Plot Reference to the episode "Out of Time", with Hobbes as Rimmer, Socrates as The Cat, Calvin as Lister, and Andy and Sherman as Kryten.
- When trying to describe the things he's done in "New Year, New Disasters", Andy ends up describing episodes of the series instead. This is lampshaded.
- Calvin's Batman Gambit is a homage to Rimmer's speech from "Quarantine".
- The Red Dwarf is mentioned in Monsters vs. Aliens.
Live Action TV
- In Wizards and Warriors:
- There is a tavern named The Red Dwarf.
- One of the Thieves Guild leaders is named The Cat.
- Rise of the Triad:
- It features a character whose first names are Sebastian Doyle, Lister's name in the Back To Reality universe.
- One of the music tracks is named "Run Like Smeg".
- In WarpForce, the player can receive an SOS call from "Red Dwarf", which turns out to be a star, not a ship. Near it is a mining corporation, which employs a dwarf named Lister.
- The Jupiter Mining Corporation appears in Orbiter
- In Zombies, Run!, a character is compared to Ace Rimmer.
- Startopia features service robots named "Scuzzers", in reference to the Dwarf universe's Scutter droids.
- In SimCity 2000, neighboring cities can include Lister, Rimmer, Cats Corner, Krighton, and Little Rouge.
- In the second-generation Pokemon games and their remakes, there are three Bug Catchers on Route 2. The ones who are close together are named Rob and Doug (after Rob Grant and Doug Naylor, the show's primary writers); the other is named Ed (after Ed Bye, director and producer of series I-IV and series VII and VIII).
- In Ratchet: Deadlocked, there is a superhero named Ace Hardlight. Much like Rimmer, he is nowhere near as heroic as he likes to make out.
- Kingdom of Loathing has the various traffic cone items, all of which quote The Cat from "Last Day": "It's not a good night unless you get a traffic cone."
- Also, it was once possible to see a dog's milk asteroid.
- An axe wound monster can poke you with a red-hot red dwarf star, which is "smegging hot!"
- Far Cry 3 has a traffic cone as Vendor Trash. The description for it is "The sign of a good night".
- Episode 8 of Spacemen shows the Red Dwarf flying past the deathbot ship.
- Exterminatus Now:
- It features a protestor with the slogan "Give Quiche A Chance" on a sign.
- One strip has a reference to episode "Meltdown".
- Another has a character claim to be "surrounded by goits".
- Linkara positively LOVES to reference the show whenever possible
- When Marville annoyed him one too many times, he used a clip of Arnold Rimmer referring to his other self as "you filthy piece of distended rectum" against the characters.
- In his review of Power Rangers #1, he says "Cesiumfrancolithicmixialobidiumrixidexidoxidroxide, YAAY!!"
- He sings the theme song in his Next 15 Missed Opportunities video.
- The Nostalgia Critic has also referenced it from time to time, from referring to silicon heaven in his A.I.: Artificial Intelligence review to attempting to fight M. Night Shyamalan a la Rimmer's first attempt to fight the Cat in "The End".