Red Oni Blue Oni: Professional Wrestling
is chock-full of these. To wit:
- The Brothers of Destruction: The Undertaker (Blue) and Kane (Red).
- In Kane's second most notable tag team, with The Big Show, Kane played the Blue Oni to Show's Red. Kane tended to be the more stoic (if psychotic) of the two, while Show ranged anywhere between Hot-Blooded to Big Fun.
- Kane's most recent notable tag team, Team Hell No, saw him again play the Blue Oni to Daniel Bryan's Red.
- The Hardy Brothers: Jeff Hardy (impulsive and aerial Red) and Matt Hardy (more calculated and ground-based Blue).
- Edge (blue) and Christian (red)
- Maybe during their initial run, but after going singles, Edge is a much wilder, crazier Red, and since his return, Christian is a calm, relaxed Blue.
- Former WWE Unified Tag Team Champions Mike "The Miz" Mizanin (angry Red) and John Morrison (mellow Blue).
- The Rockers (originally AWA's Expies of The Rock N Roll Express from the NWA), Marty Jannetty (Blue) and Shawn Michaels (Red); notable for the fact that the group originally split after they gradually switched roles over the course of their 5-year tag team career.
- In the same vein, the most recent iteration of D-Generation X, with Shawn Michaels back in the Red Oni role and partner/best friend Triple H in the Blue Oni role (it can also be noted that Hunter can switch the colors pretty much on demand now as a story needs him to).
- Classic big-man tag team The Twin Towers, where the Big Bossman (prior to his Heel-Face Turn) was the Red Oni and Akeem "The African Dream" (after switching gimmicks from The One Man Gang) was the Blue Oni.
- The Outsiders, Kevin Nash (Blue) and Scott Hall (firmly entrenched in Red terrritory).
- Even Mick Foley (jokey Red) and Al Snow (serious Blue) meet this trope head-on!
- TNA's Beer Money, Inc. James Storm (red) and Robert Roode (blue)
- Even the ANNOUNCERS get in on the action!
- The APA was a good example with Bradshaw as the Ranting Red and Farrooq as the Blue of a single word. That word, of course, being "DAMN!"
- In TNA, you have Mr Anderson (rule-breaking, stubborn asshole Red) and Matt Morgan (higher-minded, honourable Blue), although, in an ironic twist, Anderson's entrance lighting is very blue-themed whereas Morgan's is very red.
- Raw and Smackdown are this right down to their colors. RAW has more crazy segments and is most of the time aired live while Smackdown is usually geared towards wrestling and is always taped.
- Legendary All Japan Womens Pro Wrestling tag team the Crush Gals: Chigusa Nagayo (Red) and Lioness Asuka (Blue). Neither fell into the absolute territory but Nagayo was usually the more emotional, passionate one while Asuka was the cooler, calmer one. They even wore red (for Chigusa) and blue (for Asuka).
- MsChif is the Red Oni of MSEERIE, where her partner is the comparatively quieter and less outlandish of the two and the Blue Oni of Diabolic Khaos where she is the comparatively subtle strategist while her partner runs around wild, hitting people with foreign objects while babbling about random topics.
- Delirious is also the red oni of Incoherence, not that Hallowicked particularly subdued, but he is downright stoic compared to to Delirious.
- Curry Man wore yellow and red, but he was the blue oni to the confrontational Shark Boy, who incidentally was a red oni dressed in blue.