Recap / Yu Gi Oh VRAINS Ep 18 Wound Etched Into His Heart
aka: Yu Gi Oh VRAINS Ep 18 The Scars Of The Soul
When Playmaker reaches SOL's data bank, he runs into Akira. Akira tries to stop the vengeful Playmaker, but Playmaker wouldn't listen to him. In order to settle his score, Playmaker decides to Duel Akira. Thus, a battle begins in the data bank, where the truth behind the incident is concealed...
This episode contains the following tropes:
- For Happiness: All Akira wanted was for Aoi to live a happy life; he endured many hardships to survive since their respective biological parents died so that she wouldn't have to go through similar struggles.
- Not So Stoic: While Playmaker usually puts up a stoic front, he loses his cool and snaps at Akira for claiming that the latter understands the former's feelings.
- Rage Breaking Point: Both Playmaker and Kusanagi snap at Akira in rage after he claims that he understands the pain of losing someone dear to them.
- Revenge Before Reason: Playmaker refuses to relent and allow Akira to handle everything related to the ten-year old incident, even after listening to Akira's past.
- Wham Episode: More on Akira and Aoi's past, which was also part of the same ten-year old incident Yusaku was affected by, is elaborated on, where they endured many hardships since their biological parents died, and Akira was willing to do anything to ensure his own and Aoi's survival, including undergoing shady jobs.