Recap: Yu Gi Oh The Abridged Series S 2 E 21 Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mai
"Here at Yu-Gi-Oh!
, we like to think that Pokémon
. So there."
- Achilles' Heel: Melvin's is punctuality, apparently. He puts off murdering the one person who can keep him contained in Marik's body just so he won't be late for a children's card game.
- Ass Pull: Melvin comments that he keeps the Millenium Rod clenched between his buttocks as he pulls it out of seemingly nowhere.
- Especially Zoidberg: Mai's loss dooms her to a world where everyone's breasts are bigger than hers. Especially Tristan's.
- First Girl Wins: As a Fan Fiction writer, Tea believes very strongly in this trope, and is pissed when Joey doesn't automatically throw himself at Mai.
- Friendless Background: Melvin brags that this trope protects him from having to worry about the shadow duel erasing the memory of anyone important from his mind. Too bad he didn't consider Mr. Tweetums...
- Heroic Sacrifice: Must... risk... life... for breasts!
- Double subverted when Yami thwarts Joey's attempt at this by deflecting Melvin's attack with his own body.
- Insane Troll Logic: Mai convinces herself that Joey is at fault for not including her in a head-trauma induced hallucination, and that defeating Melvin will somehow prove that she doesn't need him.
- Jive Turkey: Tristan temporarily becomes one due to an animation error that gave him blackface.
- Killed Off for Real: The doctor that worked on Odion gets "hugged" by Melvin.
- The Power of Friendship: Tea refuses to accept that medical science is a better treatment for a lightning bolt to the face than friendship is.
- Romantic Plot Tumor: Joey tells Mai that she wasn't in his coma dream (even though she was) in order to avoid this.
- Thememobile: Mokuba refers to a "Mokubamobile", which Kaiba claims doesn't exist.
- Tranquil Fury: Melvin is pretty calm about Mai erasing his memories of his Only Friend, and very serenely promises to strangle Mai with her own breasts.
- Won't Take "Yes" for an Answer: Melvin.
Melivn: HAHA! Yes! Burn, Pharaoh! Burn!
Yami: Look, I'm burning, okay? I can't exactly burn anymore than I'm doing right now!
Yami: I'm doing it! Jeez!
- You Got Spunk: Melvin says this about Whore-Biscuit... erm, Mai.