Recap: Yu Gi Oh The Abridged Series S 2 E 1 Yami Of Darkness
- Big Damn Heroes: Joey, Tristan, and Tea naturally arrive just in time to save Yugi.
- Chekhov's Gun: The chain Yugi puts around the Millenium Puzzle at the start of the episode is the only thing that prevents its theft. Of course, it also caused him to be nearly burned alive.
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: Marik punishes Bandit Keith's failure to steal the Puzzle by playing the French national anthem inside Keith's head. It's enough to trigger a Freak Out big enough to set the whole factory on fire.
- Idiot Ball: Yugi hands his Millennium Puzzle over to a suspicious looking stranger just because he wants to get his fortune read. When characters as ditzy as Bandit Keith and Tea are able to call you out for your stupidity, you know it's bad.
- Lame Comeback: The only comeback Yami can come up with in response to being called a slut is to dub Yugi "Smally McSmall".
- Mind-Control Device: The Millennium Rod, which Marik uses on Bandit Keith.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Bandit Keith's disguise isn't actually that bad, but then there's the fact that he still uses his signature Catch Phrase...
- Soul Jar: Yami Bakura turns a piece of the Millennium Puzzle into one for himself.
- Totally Radical: Ryou Bakura tries to use this trope to sound more American. The outdated slang does not help him.
- Villains Out Shopping: Yami Bakura spends the better part of the episode just trying to find gay people.
- Weak-Willed: According to Marik, Americans are very easy to brainwash."Whatever you say, Mr. President!"
- Wham Line: "Okay, I admit it! I'm not really American! I'm Canadian! Is that what you wanted to hear, you bastard?!"