Recap: Yu Gi Oh The Abridged Series S 2 E 18 Final Deathstination
"This ain't a sceeeeeeene, it's a god! Damn! Card! Game!"
- Adaptational Villainy: Yami, rather than being concerned for Bakura's health, would rather just outright attack him, even though he could seriously injure him.
- Alien Abduction: Tristan apparently went through this when he was a child.
- Borrowed Catchphrase: Bakura uses Tristan's "holy shit on a shit sandwich".
- Deus Est Machina: Yami accuses Bakura of being a personified version of this trope.
- Disney Owns This Trope: Bakura causes quite a stir by saying the "forbidden word"... Disney.
- Ethnic Scrappy: Kaiba's Nazi-esque mooks are this in-universe. Even Kaiba thinks they're offensive.
- Metaphorgotten: "Yes, but the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the British... or something along those lines."
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain: Bakura inadvertently causes his own loss by mentioning Egyptian god cards to Yami, who had forgotten that he had one until that moment.
- Not Evil, Just Misunderstood: "Malik" (who is still hiding his identity) tries to convince everyone that "Marik" is just misunderstood. No one agrees.
- One Steve Limit: Averted with the two Bakuras (later to be three in season five). Yami is quick to point out how this is both obnoxious and unlikely.
- Refuge in Audacity: Yami almost killing Ryou.Yami: Hey, Bakura! Any last words before Slifer toasts your ass?Ryou: I want my mummy...Yami: That'll work.
- Running Gag: IGNORE ME!
- Self-Deprecation: Subverted as Odion—disguised as Marik—agrees with all the insults aimed at him by those believe his disguise, claiming that "Yes. I, Marik Ishtar, am a huge jerk!"
- Shout-Out: "Ever duel with the devil in the pale moonlight?"
- Take That: According to Bakura, there are no such thing as good cosplayers.
- ...and Naruto The Abridged Series doesn't have a fanbase.
- Too Kinky to Torture: Tristan's attempt to scare Duke with the threat of an alien Anal Probe backfires completely.
- Verbal Tic: Joey doesn't even know he has one, if he's to be believed."But I can't hear anything nyeeeeeeeeeeeeh-"
- What the Hell, Hero?: Odion is not impressed with Yami's decision to attack Ryou ruthlessly for the sake of a duel.