"EA Sports: it's in the card game."
- Bad Boss: Marik threatens to both dock Odion's pay and confiscate his gummy bear collection.
- ...But He Sounds Handsome: Averted. Odion uses the opportunity of getting to impersonate Marik by insulting him as much as possible.
- Crazy Consumption: Bakura has a scene of this. Not that any of the other characters would notice.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Yugi is too distracted by Marik's midriff to notice how Obviously Evil he is.
- Shout-Out: Tristan's imaginary friends are Zack and Cody.
- The intro of Kaiba's blimp is accompanied by the theme of the blimp from Super Mario Bros. 3.
- The Generic Guy: Marik tries to hide in plain sight by making himself the least interesting character imaginable.
- Those Wacky Nazis: Kaiba's two "elite Kaibacorp security agents" both personify this trope.
- Won't Take "Yes" for an Answer: Marik is not happy when Odion (who is impersonating Marik at the time) agrees with every insult Marik hurls at him, thus making Marik insult himself.
- Yes-Man: Marik is extremely irritated when he finally realize that this is Odion's only job.
- You Will Be Spared: Marik admits to liking Joey (Steve?) and promises to kill him last.