Recap: Yu Gi Oh The Abridged Series S 2 E 16 Magnum Farce
- Acceptable Targets: Jean Claude is a scientologist. You know where this is going.
- Even the Guys Want Him: Duke complains that men try to propose to him all the time.Tristan: Duke, I already told you I was joking!"
- Filler Villain: Mai's stalker is completely irrelevant to the plot, but gets his own episode anyway.
- Insistent Terminology: Mai's breasts are not fake... riiiiiiight...(idon'tbelieveyou!)
- May-December Romance: Joey and Mai are very aware of how creepy their ten year age difference is when coupled with all the Ship Tease.
- Only Sane Man: Yugi acts as this throughout the episode.
- Shout-Out: The tournament is described as "longer than any given Metal Gear Solid cutscene, and only slightly less interactive".
- Stalker with a Crush: John Claude Magnum has been one to Mai ever since she beat him in a children's card game. He even tries to force her into marriage via said card game.
- Take That: Magnum is one to Scientologists in general and Tom Cruise in particular.
- What Would X Do?: "What would L Ron Hubbard do?"