"Warning: this episode contains copious amounts of Duke Devlin. Women with heart conditions are advised not to look directly at Duke Devlin. This also applies to women without heart conditions. He's very pretty. See? See how pretty he is? He's very pretty. I'd like to run my fingers through his hair, and I'm just a voice! Anyway, without further ado, enjoy your crappy anime cartoon."
- The Casanova: Duke Devlin.
- Expy: Dungeon Dice Monsters is certainly not one of Duel Monsters- because this game uses dice!
- I Resemble That Remark!Joey: I am not a loser! And I'll prove it by challenging you to a children's card game!
- I Take Offense to That Last One: Inverted by Joey.Duke: They say you're a loser with a fetish for dressing up like animals.Joey: I am not a loser!
- Insane Troll Logic:Duke: I'm going to prove to the world that you're a cheater by beating you in a game of my own creation!Yami: You want to run that by me one more time?
- Left the Background Music On: Many characters are confused about the sexy music that seems to follow Duke where ever he goes.
- Protagonist-Centered Morality: Joey somehow gets excused for trying to force someone out of their livelihood out of jealousy. When he fails to do so, Duke gets called out just for holding Joey to his (significantly less life altering) side of the bargain.
- Running Gag: Burn the witch!
- Stealth InsultDuke: [Pegasus] was my idol! I've tried my whole life to be just as masculine as he is!Yami: That would explain a lot.
- The Talk: Tristan almost gets his, but Tea thankfully intervenes. We mustn't let Tristan breed!
- What the Hell, Hero?: Yugi is the only one who calls Joey out for his insane bet.Yugi: Joey, don't you think that's a little extreme? You can't put someone out of business just because you're jealous.