Recap: Yu Gi Oh The Abridged Series S 1 E 12 Duel Of The Dead
"No duel monsters were harmed during the making of this episode. Except for Kuriboh."
- Accidental Marriage: "Yugi touched me. That means we're engaged!"
- Completely Missing the Point: Yugi tells Joey to let his love for Serenity motivate him to win his duel. Joey thinks that Yugi is talking about his "favorite Joss Whedon movie".
- Erotic Dream: Joey has his infamous "dog suit" dream in this episode. And he will Never Live It Down throughout the entire rest of the series.
- Sunglasses at Night: Bandit Keith refuses to take his sunglasses off in a dark cave because "Americans always wear sunglasses".
- Take That Me: This episode describes everyone from Britain as being "a total spaz". Guess where the creator of this series is from.
- The Unintelligible: Zombie Boy can only ever say the word "brains" and requires subtitles to be understood by the audience. Oddly enough, several other characters around him don't seem to have a problem understanding him.
- We All Live in America: Bandit Keith believes in this trope in the most literal way possible.