Recap: Xena S 03 E 02 Been There Done That
Only Xena can unravel the mystery when she awakens each morning to find that she and her companions are actually beginning the same day over and over again.
- Bound and Gagged: Xena eventually resorts to this in dealing with Gabrielle and Joxer continually coming to sticky ends in the "Groundhog Day" Loop.
- Cock-a-Doodle Dawn: Every morning, until Xena ends up killing it in frustration.
- Enemy Mine: Joxer's plan to break the "Groundhog Day" Loop is for Xena and Gabrielle to pose a greater threat to the village than the Feuding Families, thus forcing them to team up.
- Feuding Families: The Menos and Lycost families.
- "Groundhog Day" Loop
- Group Hug: Joxer joyfully yells this and joins in when he sees Xena hugging Gabrielle.
- Grumpy Old Man
- Meaningful Background Event: Mermia is frequently seen wandering around in the background throughout the episode.
- Royal Rapier: Favoured weapons of the Feuding Families.
- Smooch of Victory: Xena gives Joxer (a platonic) one after she realizes that tomorrow has finally come.
- Starcrossed Lovers: Mermia and Tybelus
- Take That, Scrappy!: Frustrated at Joxer's neverending stream of "rise and shine!" every morning, a fed-up Xena eventually kills him. Of course, thanks to the "Groundhog Day" Loop it doesn't stick, but the scene seems to be a Shout-Out to the fans who hated Joxer.