Recap / Xena S 01 E 08 Prometheus
Hercules and Iolaus join forces with Xena and Gabrielle to free Prometheus, who has been chained by the gods.
- Continuity Nod: Xena's history with Iolaus and her last team-up with Hercules are referenced.
- Honor Before Reason: Only the sword can break Prometheus's chains, but the user is killed immediately. Neither Hercules nor Xena wants the other to make that choice.
Xena: The world needs Hercules.
Hercules: It needs Xena, too.
Xena: Come on, people would hardly miss me. But you, you give hope to so many.
Hercules: You underestimate yourself.
- Required Spinoff Crossover: Well, obviously.
- Ship Tease: For Hercules/Xena and Iolaus/Gabrielle.
- So Proud of You:
Hercules: I've been hearing a lot about you.
Xena: Don't believe everything you hear.
Hercules: From what I heard, I want to believe. You've been helping people.
- The End of the World as We Know It: Hera chaining up Prometheus means humans losing all of his gifts, like fire and medicine.
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: Inverted. Hera sees little value in human life and considers other creatures more worthy of Prometheus's attention.