Recap: Transformers Prime S 2 E 1 Orion Pax Part 1
With the Autobots back at base after Unicron's defeat, Ratchet grimly outlines the situation and speculates that Optimus has reverted to Orion Pax, his pre-Prime self.On the Nemesis, Megatron makes a ship-wide announcement that Orion Pax is to be treated as a guest. Airachnid doesn't think it's wise to let an Autobot on board, but Megatron isn't concerned and has his own plans for Orion. Elsewhere on the ship, Knock Out affixes a new Decepticon insignia to Orion's shoulder.Fowler wonders why they can't just track down Optimus's signal, but Ratchet says it hasn't been on their sensors since they left the Earth's core. They must find some way to track down Optimus regardless, so they can somehow restore his memory. The best bet seems to be to use the Key to Vector Sigma, but the problem is, Vector Sigma's on Cybertron.Megatron begins to fill Orion Pax in on what's been happening, spinning a yarn about how Orion has been a captive of the Autobots, who are led by the Warlord Ratchet. Orion is shocked at the images Megatron shows him of a war-ravaged Cybertron.June announces that there's no way Jack is going to Cybertron, but Ratchet says only Jack can use the key to access Vector Sigma. The point's moot anyway, as they don't have any way to get to Cybertron. As Raf points out, the Ground Bridge barely made orbit, though Miko wonders why Ratchet can't just "turbo-charge" it.With Megatron finished "informing" Orion, the latter vows to help the Decepticons overcome Ratchet and the Autobots. Megatron has Soundwave remove any incriminating evidence from the ship's data core so Orion can be put to work furthering the Decepticon cause without any risk of him finding anything embarrassing.Sierra turns up at KO Burger to visit Jack as he works at the drive through, confused that she never sees him outside school. Their discussion is interrupted by Arcee picking him up as his shift ends. Sierra jumps to the obvious conclusion after hearing the female voice, and seems unconvinced by Jack's claim that it's his mother. Arcee reports that they haven't detected Optimus yet.Megatron discusses their new comrade with Knock Out, who wonders if they shouldn't beef up the security, however Orion's workstation has been located close to the energon storage, which is under heavy guard.Back at base, Ratchet is "tinkering" with the Ground Bridge.Orion has managed to decode some of the data from the Iacon archives, giving coordinates on Earth of stashed Cybertronian technology, possibly weapons. He is puzzled by the absence from the Nemesis of Starscream who is mentioned in the documents as being Megatron's second-in-command, but Megatron claims Starscream is dead. Megatron returns to the bridge, where he tells Soundwave he's concerned that Orion will soon learn the truth.Fowler contacts the Autobots to let them know that the Decepticons are attacking one of the military bases they hit two months before. Bumblebee, Bulkead and Arcee respond, finding Knock Out and Breakdown in the process of stealing a power source. As the pair Ground Bridge out, Arcee races through after them and begins speeding through the Nemesis, bashing Vehicons and hunting for Optimus. Soundwave soon relays her presence to Megatron, and though Airachnid offers to deal with it, Megatron sends Soundwave to ensure the Autobot is escorted off the ship. Alerted by the fighting, Orion emerges from his quarters, but Soundwave manages to Ground Bridge Arcee off the ship just before Orion can see her.Deposited somewhere arctic, Arcee is soon back at base admitting she didn't succeed in determining the location of the ship or whether Optimus was even aboard. Fowler makes a brief call to yell at them for the human casualties at the base, and tensions among the Autobots soon spill over into arguing. Jack, however, believes they can commandeer the Decepticon space bridge once it's complete, and use it to reach Cybertron. The Autobots are doubtful, but determined to try and find the space bridge.Meanwhile, Starscream sneaks back on board the Nemesis to steal a stack of energon cubes. Though he deals with the Vehicons guarding the energon storage, more are on their way, and he's forced to duck into a nearby room. His relief as momentary, as he finds himself face to face with Optimus Prime.To be continued...
- A House Divided: Without Optimus around, the Autobots soon fall to arguing. They really do need that 'bot around.
- Angrish: Arcee yells out her frustration after Soundwave tricks her into taking a Ground Bridge out.
- Callback: As he demonizes him, Megatron refers to Ratchet as "Doctor of Doom".
- Demonization: Megatron tells how the evil Lord Ratchet and his Autobots were the cause for Cybertron's destruction and even goes as far as saying that the name "Decepticons" was a form of Autobot propaganda against them, all for Optimus/Orion's benefit.
- Foreshadowing: Megatron threatens to tear out the voice-box of any Decepticon that refers to Orion Pax as Optimus Prime. A few episodes later would reveal that Megatron has experience in that area.
- After Airachnid questions letting Orion Pax wander about.
- Full Name Ultimatum: "Jack Darby, you will not be traveling to another planet!"
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: Ratchet firmly believes that Orion would never willingly side with the Decepticons. Megatron concurs, noting that Orion will figure out the truth about them eventually and that his "innate sense of right and wrong" will kick in.
- Just a KidAgent Fowler: Why send a boy to do a 'Bot's job?
June: But why would Optimus willfully endanger a human! A child!
Jack: I'm not a child, mom!
- Not What It Looks Like: Sierra mistaking Arcee's voice for someone Jack is seeing.
- Oh, Crap: When Orion Pax sees what has become of Cybertron.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Arcee storms the Decepticon ship to get back Optimus, killing ten Vehicons before Soundwave tricks her into taking a Ground Bridge out.