The Hood is hired by a corrupt general to sabotage the test of the new "Red Arrow" fighter. He does so by means of a overriding homing beacon that pulls the plane off course. Tim Casey, the head of the testing facility, is dismissed in disgrace, and goes to visit his old friend Jeff Tracy on his private island.
While he's there, the Hood strikes again, sabotaging the second test. This time, however, the Red Arrow has hit a television control tower, trapping two men hundreds of feet off the ground. With time running out and a civilian on the island, International Rescue have to chose between their cover and innocent lives!
- Bigger Bad: The foreign general who hires the Hood as his Dragon.
- Broken Bridge: the Hood drives off one near the end.
- Cool Plane
- Evil Foreigner
- Go Look at the Distraction: Tin Tin is given the unceremonious job of distracting Colonel Casey while a rescue mission is on its way.
- Jet Pack: two of these are shot towards the men in the television control tower so they can use them to escape.
- Million-to-One Chance: Name-checked by one of the operaters in the tower. There's a million to one chance that crashing plan will hit them! Unless, of course, there is a homing device taped to it.
- Rich Idiot with No Day Job: Lampshaded and discussed in this episode when Tim Casey wonders what Jeff and his boys occupy themselves with all day.
- Vehicular Sabotage: The Hood does this to both Red Arrow fighters.
- We Need a Distraction: since they cannot let Tim Casey know they are International Rescue, he has to be distracted while Scott and Virgil are away on a rescue mission. Tin Tin provides the distraction by taking Casey for a diving trip.