Recap: Thunderbirds S 1 E 5 Edge Of Impact
The Hood is hired by a corrupt general to sabotage the test of the new "Red Arrow" fighter. He does so by means of a overriding homing beacon that pulls the plane off course. Tim Casey, the head of the testing facility, is dismissed in disgrace, and goes to visit his old friend Jeff Tracy on his private island.While he's there, the Hood strikes again, sabotaging the second test. This time, however, the Red Arrow has hit a television control tower, trapping two men hundreds of feet off the ground. With time running out and a civilian on the island, International Rescue have to chose between their cover and innocent lives!
- Bigger Bad: The foreign general who hires the Hood as his Dragon.
- Broken Bridge: The Hood drives off one near the end.
- Cool Plane
- Despair Event Horizon: Very brief, but the Tracy's believe this is the first time International Rescue has failed after apparently not seeing the two men escape the tower.
- Go Look at the Distraction
- We Need a Distraction: Tin Tin has the unceremonious job of distracting Colonel Casey during a rescue mission.
- Jet Pack: Two of these are shot inside the television control tower so the men can use them to escape.
- Million-to-One Chance: Lampshaded by one of the tower operators. There's a million-to-one chance that an un-piloted aircraft will hit them. Unless, of course, there is a homing device attached to the tower.
- Rich Idiot with No Day Job: Lampshaded and discussed when Tim Casey wonders what Jeff and his boys occupy themselves with all day.
- Vehicular Sabotage: The Hood does this to both Red Arrow fighters.