With the Kathmandu Olympics starting in a matter of hours, International Rescue must disarm a bomb placed inside gymnastic equipment!
No, wait, that's the other
Vault Of Death. This one's about the vault of the Bank of England, which has been fitted with a fancy new unbreakable electronic lock and two-foot-thick steel door. The vault also includes a depressurising system, since documents last longer in a vacuum. Unfortunately, someone is trapped inside the vault, and the only key is miles away. The surrounding terrain is too crowded for the Mole, forcing International Rescue to go in through the old Underground rail network. Lady Penelope and Parker race cross-country to pick up the chairman and his key to open the main door, but, on arrival at Threadneedle Street, the chairman realises he's left the key at home.
Fortunately, "Nosey" Parker demonstrates his skills by popping open the Bank's expensive and complex new lock with... a hairpin. Of course, this is made somewhat irrevelvant after an old acquaitance of Parker, recently escaped from prison, blows the back off the vault as part of a robbery.
- Badass Boast: "They haven't made a vault yet that Nosey Parker can't open!"
- Chekhov's Skill: Parker's expertise at opening vaults.
- A Day in the Limelight: For Parker.
- Dramatic Drop: Parker drops his tray of drinks when he overhears the chairman tell Lady Penelope that there is an emergency at the bank of England, possibly a robbery.
- Drives Like Crazy: Lady Penelope
- Flash Back: To Parker's days in jail.
- For the Evulz: Fred's motivation for robbing the Bank of England seems to be simply to prove to himself that he can.
- Recruiting the Criminal: Parker, a former thief, is hired by the chairman to break into the bank to test the old vault's security.
- Shaggy Dog Story: The rescue itself isn't too complicated, but keeps getting set back by ill fate. The terrain being too crowded for the Mole. Parker being unwilling to go to the bank fast, as he believes his old cell block mate is robbing the place. Lady Penelope's suicidal driving. Scott being unable to cut through the cell door. The chairman forgetting his key. Eventually, Virgil and Alan have to settle for using the abandoned underground system and blow a hole in the side of the vault, only to find it has already been opened by Parker.
- Speak of the Devil: Lambert, already running dangerously low on oxygen, desperately attempts to call for International Rescue... Cue Alan and Virgil bursting through the wall of the vault.
- The Stinger: After the action, Parker's old mate finally turns up to rob the vault, finding the place already opened from two sides. He concludes he might as well try to rob a piggy bank.
- Superdickery: What's this? Lady Penelope and Parker are robbing a bank?
- Tempting Fate: The chairman keeps insisting his briefcase "never leaves his side". Guess what he leaves at Lady Penelope's when lives depend on it?
- Workaholic: Lambert. When finally realizes he's choking, he's already minutes away from death.