Recap / The X-Files S07 E07 "Orison"
is broken out of prison by a vigilante prison chaplain, Reverend Orison, who intends to give Pfaster his own form of justice. However, Orison has bitten off more than he can chew, and Pfaster deals with him and then goes after Scully.
- Berserk Button: Pfaster gets rather...upset...when he discovers the call girl he ordered wasn't an actual redhead. It leads to the Eye Scream described below.
- Bound and Gagged: Scully, briefly, after Pfaster manages to tie her up.
- Deadly Bath: Well, it would be deadly if Pfaster had his way.
- Eye Scream: A call girl throws hot wax from a candle in Pfaster's face before she escapes.
- Fight Scene: An epic one between Scully and Pfaster, which results in mutually drawn blood and a lot of broken furniture. Pfaster might be a full foot taller, but Scully is, after all, a fully trained FBI agent.
- Gunman with Three Names: Donald Addie Pfaster.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: Scully, who kills Pfaster in cold blood immediately after he is captured in her apartment. It's also variation on What You Are in the Dark, as she shoots out a lamp beforehand (though she's not actually alone when she goes through with it), and the moral dilemma affects her afterwards.
- Maybe Magic, Maybe Mundane: Before Pfaster's brief transformations to something demonic seemed to be Scully's (and others') delusions. Here, not so much.
- The One That Got Away: A very dark example. Pfaster specifically calls Scully this.
- Sequel Episode: To "Irresistible".
- Slow Motion: Scully's gun firing dramatically in slow motion near the end, and the closeup on her face.