Recap / The X-Files S03 E18 "Teso dos Bichos"
Bodies start piling up after archaeologists remove an ancient burial urn from a site in the Ecuadorian highlands.
- Absurdly Spacious Sewer: Mulder and Scully can walk comfortably in it.
- Atop a Mountain of Corpses: Played with. A hoard of killer pussy cats were filling the sewer with dead bodies but the cats were not seen triumphantly sitting atop of them.
- Cats Are Mean: Sewer killer pussy cats. Mewing and hissing very loudly, killing people and attacking Mulder and Scully.
- Cat Scare: Cat jumping to scare the characters and the viewers. Subverted, in that for once the cats are violent, numerous, and actually worth being scared of.
- And before that, there's a Dog Scare and a Rat(s) Scare, which follow the Cat Scare formula better than the one with the actual cat.
- Curse: Put on those who disturbed the skeleton of a female shaman sacred to the tribe and on those who obstruct the urn to be returned.
- Death By A Thousand Cuts: Probably death by a thousand cat bites.
- Evil-Detecting Dog: Sugar, barking at the urn.
- Foreign Language Title: "Teso Dos Bichos" translates from archaic Portuguese into English as "Burial Mound of Small Animals," although other translations have been proposed.
- Gratuitous Spanish
- Hellish Pupils: A shaman that appears at the end of the episode has cat-like evil eyes.
- Infant Immortality: Averted with Mona's dog who did not make it.
- Killer Rabbit: Sewer cats.
- Panthera Awesome: Mythological jaguar spirit.
- Swarm of Rats: They appear in the museum swarming out of the toilets.
- Zerg Rush: The cats again. And it's adorable.