Recap: The X Files S 03 E 07 The Walk
- Astral Projection: Rappo, the Monster of the Week, has the ability to detach himself from his body.Scully: What you're saying is this man, Rappo, is leaving his body and floating around town killing people?
- Bungled Suicide: The episode opens with a man attempting suicide by drowning himself in boiling water and failing because he can't die. Mulder and Scully come to investigate it.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Rappo blames the Army and people in general for not caring about common soldiers' suffering.
- Evil Cripple: Rappo is a quadruple amputee who kills even kids as part of his revenge.
- Infant Immortality: Averted. Several children die. One boy on-screen.
- I Cannot Self-Terminate: Part of the revenge. The villain-of-the-week won't let his victims commit suicide after having murdured their families.
- Monster of the Week
- No OSHA Compliance: The hydrotherapy room where the first victem attempts (and fails) to commit suicide by boiling himself alive has no safeguards against people being boiled alive in the hydrotherapy tank, has a bunch of weights just lying around on the floor, and neither any of this equipment or the room itself is secured or locked in any way when not in use. In fact, the door can only be locked from the inside using a sliding latch. The room is also much larger and much creepier than it needs to be.
- Revenge by Proxy: Exaggerated. Rappo kills off all family members of important military men.