Recap: The Wild Wild West S 4 E 10 The Night Of The Camera
Agents West and Pike are on the trail of an opium gang. They receive some dubious help from Bosley Cranston, a meek and seemingly incompetent agent on his first field assignment. However, Cranston has some special talents that will prove invaluable.
Tropes present in this episode:
- Absurdly High-Stakes Game: Jeremy Pike's pool game with Gideon Stix. If he wins, he gets $10,000. If he loses, he dies.
- Bad Guys Play Pool: Gideon Stix is a pool aficionado.
- Chekhov's Skill: Bosley Cranston's Photographic Memory.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Bosley Cranston.
- Idiot Ball: Jim grabs it. When Bosley Cranston accidentally kills the opium ring's courier, Jim simply leaves the body where it fell and makes no attempt to cover it up. Then he sends Jeremy Pike in to do a Dead Person Impersonation, which is blown before it even begins since the criminals already knew the courier was dead.
- Photographic Memory: Bosley Cranston has one.