Recap: The Wild Wild West S 3 E 21 The Night Of The Undead
West and Gordon are in New Orleans to locate Dr. Armbruster, a missing scientist. An encounter with practitioners of some form of voodoo leaves them with one lead in the form of a strange medallion; Gordon tracks it down while West talks to Dr. Eddington, former associate of the missing scientist. Their paths converge at the home of Dr. Articulus, who, with Armbruster and Eddington, had been conducting experiments which turned out to be deadly for the test subjects. Articulus was presumed dead after a laboratory accident, but he survived and is planning revenge against his erstwhile colleagues.
Tropes present in this episode:
- And Now You Must Marry Me: Dr. Articulus, embittered that his former fiancee married one of his professional rivals, schemes to force their grown daughter to marry him.
- Best Served Cold: The villain waited 18 years for his revenge.
- Hollywood Voodoo: Invoked by the villain as cover for his experiments. In the end it's revealed that no actual magic was involved, just science.
- Our Zombies Are Different: They're not actually undead, just living people under the effects of mind control serum.
- Scary Black Man: Rosey Greer of the LA Rams as a zombie.
- Villainous Breakdown: Dr. Articulus starts ranting and raving when he finds out that Jim and Artie broke his zombie-making machine.
- Woman Scorned: Dr. Articulus is killed by his female assistant, who secretly loved him and was very bitter about his plan to marry someone else.