Wanakee, daughter of the chief of the Blackfoot tribe, has been kidnapped and a note demands that West and Gordon come to Grave Town or she will be killed, while her fiancÚ threatens war if she is not brought back within three days. When the agents arrive they find that Dr. Loveless is behind the plot; he captures them and eventually reveals that he has a new invention which he wants to test on West - shrinking powder.
Tropes present in this episode:
- Carrying the Antidote: Loveless carries around the antidote to his shrinking powder and dangles it in Jim's face. Not surprisingly, Artie manages to snatch it away and get it to Jim just in time. Possibly justified: Loveless is certainly obsessed enough with Jim West to be so sadistic (Loveless even lampshades this with the Girl of the Week), but since Loveless' Villain Exit Stage Left involves using his own shrinking powder on himself and escaping mounted on a raven, he really needs to carry another dose of the antidote. Fridge Brilliance!
- The Door Slams You: If you're a mook and you hear a knock coming from inside a room where Jim and Artie are - or, at least, were - locked in a cell, it's not a good idea to open the door and charge inside. Especially if the door closes towards you.
- Ghost Town: Grave Town, which is not only abandoned but, according to the local Native Americans, haunted by evil spirits - which in one sense is true, given that it's the hideout of Loveless and his gang.
- Giant Spider: Plays with this trope. Technically, it's a normal-sized spider since Jim and the episode's Girl of the Week have been shrunk by Loveless.
- Improvised Weapon: How do you fight off a housecat when you're the size of a mouse? If you're Jim West, by stabbing one of its feet with a lockpick.
- Incredible Shrinking Man: Loveless has invented a powder which miniaturizes those who ingest it. Jim and Wanakee both get to play guinea pig and various tiny-man-in-a-big-world hijinks ensue.
- Name's the Same: Loveless calls one of his plants Marcia—this is also what his snake goes by in "The Night the Wizard Shook The Earth."