West and Gordon are escorting Prince Stefan as he returns to the country from which he was exiled 15 years ago - he is now heir to that country's throne. On their journey West is attacked by a wolf, a type of animal not normally found in the area, and a storekeeper is apparently killed by one. The agents soon realize that Stefan's life is in danger, both from his own poor health and from the machinations of his Arch-Enemy Talamantes, who is able to control wolves... and people. The agents must protect Stefan and his daughter, Leandra, and ensure that the crown does not fall into the wrong hands.
Tropes present in this episode:
- Brainwashed: Talamantes isn't in line for the throne, so he can't hold power directly. Instead he uses a mind-control serum on the rightful ruler and turns him or her into his puppet.
- Cruel to Be Kind: Breaking Talamantes' hold on Leandra involves making her believe that her beloved, recently deceased father has come to life again; said "father" is then apparently murdered before her very eyes.
- Dead Person Impersonation: Artie is, naturally, the one tasked with impersonating Stefan after the latter dies. It works - a little too well. Fortunately Dushan is a bad shot.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Stefan and Leandra are equally unhappy about this whole royalty thing. They were very happy as date farmers and would have refused to go back if their country hadn't needed them.
- The Mole: Captain Dushan, the royal family's trusted bodyguard. Only at the very end of the episode is it revealed that Talamantes had an ally within the group.
- Only a Flesh Wound: Artie gets shot in the shoulder. It appears to hurt a little bit, but otherwise no one is very concerned.
- Scooby-Doo Hoax: There are heavy implications throughout the episode that Talamantes is a lycanthrope and that the wolves he commands are either supernatural or supernaturally under his control. It's all explained away in the end, though.
- Super Serum: Talamantes uses it to give his wolves a form of Super Toughness. The formula enhances their strength and durability, so it's hard to kill them with ordinary bullets, but other methods (such as powerful silver bullets) will do the trick.