A fellow Secret Service agent is murdered before he can meet and pass on information to West and Gordon. They determine that the Eccentrics, a band of assassins, is responsible and may be planning to kill President Juarez of Mexico. Upon investigating a lead at a nearby amusment park, West finds the place deserted except for Count Manzeppi and his gang. He escapes from them with the aid of the beautiful Miranda - but whose side is she really on?
Tropes present in this episode:
- Abandoned Area: The Eccentrics' hideout is located beneath an amusement park which echoes with the laughing conversations of fairgoers - all coming from a phonograph record.
- Bookcase Passage: Manzeppi enters and escapes Juarez's office through one, but when the agents go to follow him, they find what appears to be a completely ordinary bookcase in its place.
- Latex Perfection: How one of Manzeppi's goons manages to pose as President Juarez and fool both Jim and Artie.
- Murder, Inc.: The Eccentrics, a gang of killers who assassinate high-profile targets for a price.
- Turn Coat: Miranda pretends to be one at first, then really does switch sides when Jim offers to pay more than her current employer.
- Ventriloquism: One of Manzeppi's gang is a ventriloquist who carries his dummy with him everywhere and lets it do most of the talking.