West, posing as a prison inspector, meets up with Gordon, disguised as a street preacher, in a town where $5 million in government bonds has just been stolen. After two attempts on West's life, the sighting of a dead man walking down the street and an encounter with Jennifer McCoy, who is trying to recover some money that belonged to her deceased father, West and Gordon end up at the local prison, where some dangerous and underhanded dealings are well underway.
Tropes present in this episode:
- For Science!: The state electrocutioner is very enthusiastic about the scientific nature and applications of his work.
- Incredibly Obvious Bomb: Artie has to defuse one near the end of the episode. It ticks and has a timer and is attached to a big wooden crate labeled "explosives."
- Preacher Man: Artie's first disguise. He goes about inveighing against the evils of alcohol, gambling and sin in general.
- Race Against the Clock: The end of the episode features one of these since the villain has rigged his place to explode, killing everyone inside. Jim and Artie have to find and defuse the explosives before they go off.
- Time Bomb: The villain has set up one of these to destroy his base of operations and cover his escape.
- Win Your Freedom: A boxing ring has been set up in the prison where prisoners fight each other. In the case of two henchmen who have failed their employer, the winner gets reinstated in the villain's employment. The other is never seen again.