Recap: The Simpsonss 1 E 9 Life On The Fast Line
Homer's thoughtless anniversary gift to Marge causes the first of many marriage crises between them when Marge takes bowling lessons and is charmed by a French bowler named Jacques.
- Blatant Lies: When Homer gives Marge a bowling ball, she accuses him of giving her that gift in hopes that she won't use it so he'll keep it and, as evidence, points out that the ball has his name written on it. He claims that it's so she'll remember who gave it to her.
- Genre Savvy: Patty and Selma. Homer proves them right when he gives Marge something meant for him.
- Heroic BSOD: Homer goes through one when he realizes Marge might be having an affair since she's going out every night. He only breaks out of it once she comes to see him at work at the end of the episode.
- Pun-Based Title: At first, Jacques the French bowler would be a Swede named Bjorn and the episode was titled "Bjorn to be Wild".
- What Could Have Been: The Pun-Based Title and the bowler whose initial name would justify it.