Episode - 7G11
First Aired - 3/18/1990
It's Marge's birthday and Homer gets her a present: a bowling ball, for which Marge initially has no use. To spite him, she takes lessons — and encounters a suave French bowler (voiced by Albert Brooks
) who wants to have sex with her.
- Blatant Lies: Homer said he had his name inscribed on the bowling ball to make sure Marge would remember it's a gift from him. Then, Marge told Jacques "Homer" is her ball's name.
- Heroic BSOD: Homer sinks into depression once he realizes Marge isn't spending time with the family (and may be seeing someone else).
- It's All About Me: Homer buys Marge a bowling bowl a gift, despite her never bowling once in her life. He is so unsubtle about his intentions he even has his name engraved on it in advance.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: Jacques loses his French accent when asking for more onion rings.
- Special Guest: Albert Brooks as Jacques (credited as A. Brooks)
- What Could Have Been: Originally, instead of a French named Jacques, Marge would meet a Swede named Bjorn and the episode was named Bjorn to be Wild.