Recap: The Simpsons S 8 E 17 My Sister My Sitter
Episode - 4F13
First Aired - 3/2/1997Inspired by reading a series of books about The Babysitter Twins, Lisa decides to become a babysitter — and finds that her biggest challenge is her own brother. Meanwhile, Homer and Marge check out the new outdoor mall.
This episode contains examples of:
- Badly Battered Babysitter: Lisa
- Hope Spot: Despite all of her trouble, Lisa still gets calls at the end.
- Idiot Ball: Held by Homer and Marge when they think Bart will be okay with having his younger sister babysit him.
- Imagine Spot: Lisa tries to call Dr. Hibbert about Bart's condition, but then proceeds to have a spot where she would be blamed for it, therefore ruining her reputation.
- Mistaken for Junkie: When a flashlight is shone in Lisa, causing her to recoil from the light, Helen Lovejoy accuses her of being on drugs.
- Mistaken for Prank Call: When Bart is unconscious, Lisa tries calling 9-1-1, but they refuse to take it because Bart called earlier about "a sisterectomy, a case of severe butt rot, and a leprechaun fight."
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Bart, though this is justified, as he is offended over the fact that his little sister is called to boss him around. Plus, he apologizes in the end, so it ends happily. Still, the fact that Bart acted like a jerk was the reason why this episode was panned when it premiered.