After Bart pranks a child in Australia in order to prove Lisa’s theory, he faces more than he bargains when the family has to go to the nation.
Tropes in the episode (YMMV):
- Comically Missing the Point: Homer asking Bart if he can commit fraud to go on a free trip to Florida.
- Dumbass Has a Point: Homer tries to explain to the Australian government about punishments.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Bart vs. Australia takes place in… well Australia.
- Expy: The First Australian Prime Minister looks just like Snake, while the Australian store clerk shows like that teenage character back in Springfield.
- Mama Bear: Marge
- Papa Wolf: Homer… as far as keeping Bart from getting booted
- Take That: This episode aired in 1995, a year after the caning of Michael Fay that happened Singapore for vandalism.
- Shout-Out: The Australian showing Bart a spoon rather a knife is a reference to the Crocodile Dundee, where the knife welding robber change his tune when he saw Bowie knife Dundee.
- Singing in the Shower: Homer at the beginning of the episode... before Bart begins to flush the toilet constantly.
- Smarter Than He Looks: Bart’s ability to taunt the Australians, and he moons them with the message, Don't Tread on Me, even Lisa was got by surprise on how he did it.