After returning from a nuclear plant convention, Homer begins to act out of character and Lisa, along with a mentally disturbed FBI agent who looks and acts like Claire Danes' character from Homeland, but is voiced by Kristen Wiig, investigate.
Tropes of this episode:
- The Cameo: The Griffins, Smiths, Browns, and Belchers all make an appearance in the end credits.
- Credits Gag: The end credits are a sequel to this episode's Couch Gag (in which Homer isn't let in for the show's 25th season celebration).
- Green Aesop: Lisa and the people who told Homer.
- Mistaken for Terrorist: Homer... though he gets the job done.
- Nobody Here but Us Birds: Lisa makes cat sounds to keep Homer from finding out he's spying on her.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Homer isnít act like himself. He doesnít choke Bart, enjoys vegetables, ask for water instead of beer, declines Margeís offer to have sex, and is kneeling on a prayer mat. This scares Lisa, as she thinks Homer has become a Muslim terrorist, but really, he was hanging out with hippies.
- Rake Take: One of the early random scenes features Sideshow Bob stepping on a rake.
- Shout-Out: Homer asks if the cat was near by asking if itís like GarfieldÖ right into asking if it hates Monday and likes lasagna.
- Stalker with a Crush: The FBI Agent that is following Homer becomes obsessed with him (to the point that she barges into the Simpsons' home to both threaten Homer that she's watching and try to seduce him and takes time from giving him a Police Brutality No-Holds-Barred Beatdown at the episode's denouement to steal a kiss from him).
- Status Quo Is God: Moe uses a remote-controlled drone with a beer can to undo the changes done to Homer. He comments that the device will pay for itself after one night.