Recap / The Simpsons S 22 E 2 Loan A Lisa
Lisa accepts a money loan for Nelson's fledgling business, only for it to become so good that it convinces Nelson to drop out from school. Meanwhile, Homer and Marge get addicted to buying and returning items for bogus reasons to get store credit.
- Comically Missing the Point: Chief Wiggum doesn't understand the point of undercover operations.
- Epic Fail: When Lisa takes Nelson to an expo to try and show him examples of men who became successful thanks to higher learning. However the first three people she meets are Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates and Richard Branson, who dropped out of college and become some of the richest men in the world. Meanwhile the only one to graduate from an Ivy league school in the area....is the janitor. Lisa's panicked expression says it all.
- Nelson doesnt realise he has to use waterproof glue on his customs before its too late.
- Shout-Out: Nelson named his business 'Snot Wheels'. If the name alone isn't enough, see his sign's decoration.
- Strange Minds Think Alike: When Principal Skinner learned how much Nelson was paying, he ripped his sleeves in order to increase his chances of entering Nelson's payroll. Then a sleeveless Superintendent Chalmers showed up and realized also learned about the wage.