"Pranks and Greens" contains examples of:
- Basement-Dweller: Andy lived with his mother when Bart found him.
- Coincidental Broadcast: Skinner is watching tv when Bart mentions his Dark and Troubled Past Freudian Excuse.Watch the Krusty Show, they said. It'll help you forget all your worries, they said.
- Disproportionate Retribution: The other mothers have no tolerance for even slightly unhealthy snacks, and will take their children to hospital for eating them. In the second case, they even flag down an ambulance and kick a patient out because of their overprotectiveness.
- Oh, No... Not Again!: When Bart learns Andy ordered prank-grade worms for the Krusty Show, he's afraid Krusty'll become embittered like it happened to Principal Skinner but it turns out the worms are for a joke where Krusty says he wanted "warm" water instead of "worm" water.
- Skewed Priorities: For the mothers, their children's health after eating food that's only 99% healthy is more important than saving the life of the person they kicked out of an ambulance.