Tropes of this episode:
- Even Moe Has Standards: Moe seeing the wives of other men not being respected got him upset.
- First-Person Peripheral Narrator: Moe.
- Gilligan Cut and Hypocritical Humor: Homer says he was at Moe's "being my usual, effervescent self." A Flashback Cut shows him passed out at the bar.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Moe had to do something to make Homer, Apu, and Reverend Lovejoy realize that they've been treating their wives like garbage.
- Self-Fulfilling Prophecy: When Bart inserted money inside a fortune-telling machine, he got a card saying "you'll lose all your money". He reacted by inserting more money inside the machine.
- Smarter Than He Looks: For someone who hasn't able to score a date since season nine's "Dumbbell Indemnity," Moe sure knows his way on fixing a relationship.
- Whole Plot Reference: To A Letter to Three Wives.