Recap: The Simpsons S 21 E 1 Homer The Whopper
The Comic Book Guy creates a comic book superhero called Everyman, which gets adapted into a blockbuster movie — with Homer as the leading mean.
- Actor Allusion: Seth Rogen voices a trainer who tries to get Homer in shape for his role as a superhero, mirroring what Rogen was going through for The Green Hornet.
- Executive Meddling: Parodied in universe, where executives push Everyman to be pretty much the exact opposite of Comic Book Guy's intended character, resulting in Development Hell and an inevitable box office flop.
- Power Copying: Everyman is able to get the powers of the superhero whose comic book he touches.
- Screw the Money, I Have Rules!: Comic Book Guy refused to write a good review on the Everyman movie.
- Shout-Out: The town of Gothamopolis
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: In the movie, when someone commented to Everyman's civilian identity he's the only one in Gothamopolis who never saw Everyman, he said the only thing he was sure was the fact he was not Everyman.