Homer wins a million dollars in a lottery and must hide his winnings when he realized that he left a wedding reception just to get the ticket. Meanwhile, Lisa teaches the elderly how to play video games.
- Gratuitous Spanish: While waiting in line to buy the lottery ticket, Homer picked up a book to learn Spanish and managed to describe his day in that language to Bumblebee Man.
- Intimidating Revenue Service: When the million-dollar prize was collected, they took nearly one fourth of it.
- It's All About Me: Zigzagged. Homer stands up Marge to buy a lottery ticket, but upon actually winning the jackpot, he spends all of it on gifts for his family until Bart corrupts him. He still uses his final earnings on a lavish gift for Marge.
- Karma Houdini: Bart receives no comeuppance for blackmailing Homer for privileges except that he finally stops obeying him.
- Those Wacky Nazis: There was a video game where the player kills Nazis. As Mr. Burns was playing it, he commented that's not how he remembered it.