- Elder Abuse: The workers at the retirement home are shown to destroy the Funtendo Zii that Lisa brought so they wouldn't have to actually serve to the residents' needs.Lisa: I can't believe you would ruin their fun to make your jobs easier.Worker: They should have had their fun before they came here!
- Gratuitous Spanish: While waiting in line to buy the lottery ticket, Homer picked up a book to learn Spanish and managed to describe his day in that language to Chespirito the Bumblebee Man.
- Intimidating Revenue Service: When the million-dollar prize was collected, they took nearly one fourth of it.
- It's All About Me: Zigzagged. Homer stands up Marge to buy a lottery ticket, but upon actually winning the jackpot, he spends all of it on gifts for his family until Bart corrupts him. He still uses his final earnings on a lavish gift for Marge.
- Karma Houdini: Bart receives no comeuppance for blackmailing Homer for privileges except that he finally stops obeying him.
- Also the retirement home workers for destroying the Zii in the dishwasher (though that goes along with the fact that the elderly are always getting screwed over on the show, with the abusers not getting what's coming to them).
- Shout-Out: The Zii getting ruined in the dishwasher is based on the myth that the NES was dishwasher-safe.
- Those Wacky Nazis: There was a video game where the player kills Nazis. As Mr. Burns was playing it, he commented that's not how he remembered it.