Recap / The Simpsons S 20 E 2 Lost Verizon
Bart gets a hold of Dennis Leary's cellphone while working at a country club to buy his own, but when Dennis Leary himself confronts Marge about Bart tricking him into playing in crappy roles, Marge becomes a more controlling mother and Bart runs off to the ancient South American city of Machu Picchu.
- Aesop Amnesia: Marge learns yet again not to be so smothering and overprotective towards her children.
- Broken Aesop: Yes, Marge keeping an eye on the boy who did transparent act of vandalism the whole episode is smothering.
- Everybody Poops: A movie Bart got Dennis Leary in.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Marge violating her son's privacy is treated bad except first thing she spot is Bart driving a forklift with Milhouse on it , he needs supervision. It's not even Bart's phone he stole it from Denis Leary and profit from it to give the actor grievance.
- Mood Whiplash "Night is scary. DAY IS AWESOME!"
- My Beloved Smother: The B-plot has Marge learn not to be so smothering toward Bart.
- Mythology Gag: It's not the first time Australia hears it for Bart.
- Took a Level in Jerkass:
- Marge activates the GPS in Bart's phone and uses it to spy on him around the clock and feels absolutely no shame for violating her son's privacy whatsoever.
- Lisa learns her family was chasing a bird called a Scarlet Tanager and its migration pattern leads to Machu Picchu, where Lisa had expressed interest in visiting earlier in the episode. She "conveniently" neglects to tell her family this so she can go on the trip she wants..