Recap / The Simpsons S 20 E 13 Gone Maggie Gone
Maggie is taken in by a convent of nuns, who need an innocent child to solve an ancient religious mystery. Meanwhile, Marge goes blind from staring at a solar eclipse without a pinhole projector and Homer tries to cover up Maggie's disappearance before Marge can gain her eyesight back.
- The Chosen One: Maggie. Lisa, after going through a very long Da Vinci-like series of puzzles, comes across an anagram puzzle that seemingly tells her she's the one (Regally, the rock gem is Lisa), and brags to the nuns about the fact, until the head nun corrects her anagram to an insulting correction (It's really Maggie, Sherlock) that reveals Maggie is the one (which Lisa points out only works after reading the first incorrect anagram).
- Dark Messiah: The moment Bart comes to the cathedral and sits on the throne Maggie used to occupy, the world literally goes to hell.
- Don't Explain the Joke: Homer basically spells out they are making a Ratatouille reference before actually making it.
- Fox-Chicken-Grain Puzzle: With Santa's Little Helper, Maggie, and rat poison. Cletus has a fox, duck, and corn (before he notices, the corn is eaten by the duck, which is gobbled up by the fox).
- Gilligan Cut: Homer insisted he wouldn't dress himself as a nun. Cut to the next scene and he's still wearing his everyday clothes while Lisa was disguised as a nun. Then he asked her if she's really sure she doesn't want him to do it. He put on a nun disguise.
- The Kindnapper: Considering the case Homer was building to persuade the nuns to let him take Maggie back, can anyone blame them for keeping her?
- Small Name, Big Ego: Lisa, when she gets the wrong answer telling her she's The Chosen One.
- Whole Plot Reference: The main plot of this episode spoofs National Treasure and The Da Vinci Code.