- But Thou Must: Lisa discovers that the answers for each question have the same meaning. As such, she is unable to decide which one to pick.
- Daydream Surprise: We see a Disaster Dominoes reaction that kills most of Marge's friends, causing her to freak out because they're uninsured...right before she makes out with the remaining woman, which Homer drools at while watching before it's revealed it was only in his head.
- Exact Words: Principal Skinner tells some students that he's the Principal and they must refer to him as such. Bart then calls him "such".
- Fully Automatic Clip Show: When Homer talks about how insurance pays him everytime he gets hurt, it leads to clips of Homer's Amusing Injuries through the show's run.Homer: Heh-heh. What a week.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Students make a joke when Principal Skinner instructs them to use a number two pencil.
- Girl-on-Girl Is Hot: When Homer has an Imagine Spot about disasters that could happen while not insured, it quickly turns to Marge making out with one of her friends, making him drool.
- Scantron Picture: Bart fills out the answer sheet of his practice test to read "SLURP MY SNOT".