- But Thou Must: Lisa discovers that the answers for each question have the same meaning. As such, she is unable to decide which one to pick.
- Exact Words: Principal Skinner tells some students that he's the Principal and they must refer to him as such. Bart then calls him "such".
- Fully Automatic Clip Show: When Homer talks about how insurance pays him everytime he gets hurt, it leads to clips of Homer's Amusing Injuries through the show's run.Homer: Heh-heh. What a week.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Students make a joke when Principal Skinner instructs them to use a number two pencil.
- Girl-on-Girl Is Hot: When Homer has an Imagine Spot about disasters that could happen while not insured, it quickly turns to Marge making out with one of her friends, making him drool.
- Scantron Picture: Bart fills out the answer sheet of his practice test to read "SLURP MY SNOT".