Recap / The Simpsons S 19 E 19 Mona Leaves A
Homer discovers that his runaway radical mother has come back and promises that her days of running from the law are over, which Homer doesn't believe. However, he soon regrets it when Mona dies during the night, and leaves Homer a bizarre last request.
- Dying Alone: Mona dies alone in front of the fireplace.
- Moment of Silence: The moment when Homer realizes that his mother has passed away is pretty effective. There's no music and the only sounds heard are the crackling of the firewood and crickets chirping.
- OOC Is Serious Business: When Homer puts down pie, you know things are getting serious.
- Parental Abandonment: Mona has abandoned Homer several times, once when he was a child and twice in his adult life. By the time she returns for good, he's so fed up with her leaving to be a radical protester, he wants nothing to do with her.
- Parting Words Regret: Homer's last words to Mona were words of anger because she abandoned him so often.
- Thanatos Gambit: Mona pulled one with her dying wish to make Homer stop a nuclear silo which nearly gets him killed.
- The Unfavorite: Lenny is this for his mother who prefers Carl and wishes he was her son.
- Wham Line: At the end of Homer's apology: