Recap / The Simpsons S 17 E 9 Simpsons Christmas Stories
Originally aired December 18, 2005
Homer tells his rendition of Jesus' birth in the manger during a Christmas church service, Grampa tells Lisa about his Christmas fighting in the Pacific theater during World War II, and a parody of The Nutcracker Suite shows everyone prepping for the holidays.
- Bait-and-Switch: After some scenes with Moe trying to kill himself, there's a scene with him putting his face in an oven. He's retrieving a ham to eat with Barney.
- Dream Within a Dream: The scene with Groundskeeper Willie having a fancy dinner with his family is revealed to be Willie's dream while he's sleeping inside his shack and that is revealed to be Willie's dream while he's actually sleeping outside.
- Exotic Extended Marriage: Cyrus is revealed to be in one as he and Abe reunite in Tahiti.
Cyrus: Sorry I never called, Abe. I was too busy with my 15 native wives.
(said wives gather around them, giggling)
Abe: Fifteen! Whoa, that sounds like a lot of sex!
Cyrus: I said "wives," not "girlfriends."
- Groin Attack: Every Christmas, Krusty shows a tape of people throwing snowballs at his balls.
Krusty: "Give the kids snowballs" they said. "It'll be cute" they said!
- Or My Name Isn't...: During Grandpa's flashback, he says he and Burns will repair Santa's sled or his name isn't "Young Grandpa Simpson".