When Ned Flanders and Reverend Lovejoy manage to force the schools to teach creationism, Lisa faces jail time for teaching evolution. Her only hope lands in Marge, who comes up with a solution to save her daughter.
This episode contains examples of (YMMV):
- Badass Bookworm: Marge
- Mama Bear: Does making sure for your daughter doesn't go to jail count? If so, then Marge.
- Preacher Man: Ned Flanders and Reverend Lovejoy
- Police Are Useless: Once again, Chief Wiggum while having Lisa arrested while Snake gets off shooting people since they are only able to enforce the last three laws past. He does apologize to her during the case and admits that it's the worst legal system you can get.
- Nuclear Option: Homer being ape like when trying to open a beer bottle, of course
- Shout-Out: The episode is a reference to the Scopes Trial of 1925, where John Thomas Scopes was changed for teaching evolution at a state-funded school.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Flanders
- A Wizard Did It: Who ever snitch on Lisa?
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Does anyone know why Snake was shooting people or caught doing so?